Best Pumpkin FO for soy candles?

SimplyLit

I use Candle Science for many of my FOs, however I just don't like their Pumpkin Pie or Pumpkin Souffle scents...both smell burnt to me and not very Pumpkin like, which was a HUGE bummer since Pumpkin is one of my favorite Fall scents.  I was thinking of trying one from The Flaming Candle, but figured I'd reach out on here first to see if anyone had any suggestions or recommendations.  Thanks!  :)

Pumpkin Souffle from CS has been one of my most popular fragrances since I started making candles in 2009.  Not to mention the strongest.  I used to love it myself, but last fall it started getting on my nerves. :)  If that makes sense.

I know it isn't Pumpkin Pie, but I ordered Pumpkin Chai from Candlewic, and love it OOB.  Will have to wait till this fall to see if customers do.

Today I got a bottle of Pumpkin Cupcake from Fragrance Buddy.  I basically bought it because it was $8.00 a pound. :)  But boy, it smells good OOB.

None of that answered your question I know.  I just stick with Pumpkin Souffle and sometimes blend it with Pumpkin Spice and a little Cinnamon since customers love it so much.  

1 hour ago, WaxingPoetic said:

My fave pumpkin so far, and yes I have used it in soy :) is TCS Pumpkin Creme Brûlée.

Lalalalalala....I'm stopping up my ears...or is it eyes.  Not buying any more Pumpkin FO.....not buying any more Pumpkin FO.... :)

Edited by GailC
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, GailC said:

Like a hole in the head. :) Anyway, isn't TCS Tennessee Candle which went out of business?  I get that one and The Candlemaker's Store mixed up.

Oops, I always forget that's more than one place that can be used in that abbreviation ! I actually meant The Candle Source :)

1 minute ago, WaxingPoetic said:

Oops, I always forget that's more than one place that can be used in that abbreviation ! I actually meant The Candle Source :)

Oh no!  Now I have to go check out The Candle Source.  Trying to remember if I ever bought anything from them.

Just now, WaxingPoetic said:

I love them ! They have really high quality oils at great prices

I did buy from them once, years ago  My granddaughter wanted a Brittany Spears Fantasy type candle and they had it!  Bought a few 4 ouncers also, but haven't bought anything from them since.  If my fragrance oil cabinet wasn't totally full, I would consider the Pumpkin Cream Brulee, and still might this fall. :)

• Like 1

On 4/27/2017 at 6:54 PM, WaxingPoetic said:

My fave pumpkin so far, and yes I have used it in soy :) is TCS Pumpkin Creme Brûlée.

Where is that from Poe?  Not Tennessee Candle is it? As they are out of business.

Trappeur

On 4/27/2017 at 8:11 PM, GailC said:

Lalalalalala....I'm stopping up my ears...or is it eyes.  Not buying any more Pumpkin FO.....not buying any more Pumpkin FO.... :)

oh suuurrreee Gail......lol

me too........

Trappeur

I'll bet this topic has been brought up more than any other thread out there...and when fall starts we will see it again.....and have a ton of different answers ....again...lol

Yet, we still keep buying......still looking for that ALL TIME favorite pumpkin pie....

• Like 1

On 4/28/2017 at 8:25 AM, GailC said:

I did buy from them once, years ago  My granddaughter wanted a Brittany Spears Fantasy type candle and they had it!  Bought a few 4 ouncers also, but haven't bought anything from them since.  If my fragrance oil cabinet wasn't totally full, I would consider the Pumpkin Cream Brulee, and still might this fall. :)

I've never ordered from them....but that does sound like a good one......

Trappeur

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Trappeur said:

I've never ordered from them....but that does sound like a good one......

Trappeur

Well I didn't like it. I don't like perfumy type FO's.  But that is the only kind I made for my granddaughter for awhile.  She has branched out now though. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GailC said:

Well I didn't like it. I don't like perfumy type FO's.  But that is the only kind I made for my granddaughter for awhile.  She has branched out now though. :)

Their Fantasy was pretty good though, for a dupe, lol. Their Love Spell & Pink Sugar are both spot on dupes, too ! 

5 hours ago, WaxingPoetic said:

Their Fantasy was pretty good though, for a dupe, lol. Their Love Spell & Pink Sugar are both spot on dupes, too ! 

What suppliers dupes are you referring to ? I have MMS 's Pink Sugar in my cart to try. Their blackberry Ice tea is also in my cart lol !

• Like 1