Looking for....

Clear Black

A silicone candy mold in the shape and size of a Starburst candy. Doesnt have to be exactly that size, but something in the ballpark. Ive done some looking on Amazon already, but if anyone knows of where to get one please let me know. I want to try and make some wax melts in a similar shape as a Starburst candy

TIA

Edited by Clear Black
  • Like 2

Im not sure if you've already seen these molds + they just didn't work out for you. But if you go to Michaels - Hobby Lobby maybe even Walmart

they have bite size brownie silicone molds. To me they would look very similar to a starburst candy. Aren't they just small square candies ??? 

Theres about 15-18 cavities and run about $10-12 with a michaels or Hobby Lobby 40% off coupon its super cheap. Not sure if that mold is 

what your looking for though ? 

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

Im not sure if you've already seen these molds + they just didn't work out for you. But if you go to Michaels - Hobby Lobby maybe even Walmart

they have bite size brownie silicone molds. To me they would look very similar to a starburst candy. Aren't they just small square candies ??? 

Theres about 15-18 cavities and run about $10-12 with a michaels or Hobby Lobby 40% off coupon its super cheap. Not sure if that mold is 

what your looking for though ? 

I did look at those on a computer screen and cant tell how big they actually are. My plan is to make some tarts and package them in windowed round tins, so if they are too big I would only be able to fit a few. So a smaller cavity mold would be ideal. Im leaning at this point towards a gummie bear mold since those are on the smaller side yet still big enough to plop on a tart warmer

If you have a michaels close I'd go just to see them up close and personnel - I think they'd be fine but you might have a different vision. The gummy bears is cute too but I would think you'd have to put a lot more in due to their 

size. Or package them by weight ?

I have a Wilton ice cube mold (or maybe a brownie tray? I can't remember) that I fill 1/4 of the way so that I can make thin square sample sets. (Easier for me to mail that way). I will admit, it's a little hard to judge the pour for a uniform height each and every time, but it's close enough for me. They're a little bigger than a starburst, but there's different sizes on Amazon. 

image.jpeg

I get a lot of mine on eBay too and I use the silicone ice cube molds as well. I also buy from Flexible Molds. They have one that's a caramel mold and other candy shapes as well. Another option would be to look for a plastic candy mold and just pour cool. I've used those too. 

• 3 weeks later...