Bath Bombs: How to package

I have yet to add bath bombs to my line (I wish I had a dependable recipe!).

But, if I did have them ... I like the idea of shrink wrapping them individually. Also, I'm thinking about getting those small boxes used for chocolates and such. Would be nice to display three or so to a box and have it labeled up nice. Clear boxes would be an even nicer alternative!

- Meg

I put mine in zipper bags with cardstock stapled to the top. I usually leave a LOT of air in the bag, so the bath bomb has some cushioning. They've yet to break, and my customers love them! :) Plus, I like the large amount of label space I have with the hang tag. On the front I have a really elaborate title and such and then I have plenty of space on the back for directions, warnings and ingredients. :D I DO like the idea of individually shrink wrapping them (which I did when I first started) but if you have round bath bombs, the shrink wrap looks weird, you can't really label them well, and my customers had a really hard time getting the shrink wrap off without ruining the bath bomb. Plus, my customers like the fact that there's always some extra "powder" at the bottom of the bag that they can throw into the bath, too. :D Just what works for me....find something you're comfortable with and something you like and go for it! :D

Does anyone leave them naked in baskets...so customers can plop them into bags?

My goal is to figure out to make them hard hard hard & use donut prongie thingies so they can grab one & place it in a waxed deli bag. I'll have one card that lists the ingredients & it goes in there with them. Just my thought.

I just started to make these and I plan, for now, to leave them naked in baskets with little cards stating the indgredients and scent. It's not how I want to do them, but until I can figure out what it is that I really want and how to do it, I will do the baskets for now. I am so packaging challenged!!

I keep coming back to the idea of fun tissue paper with a bow. So wrapping the ones in the basket, and then putting a small tub of unwrapped ones in front of the 'to be purchase' baskets. This way the balls can still breath & be held together all at the same time.

I sell mine naked and have 4 & 6 pack clear egg crates sitting next to them in the store. I've found that it has increased sales on my bathbombs because people want to fill these containers up lol

Also, we have little stickers at the register if people want to label their scents so they don't forget them (or are giving them as gifts)

I sell mine naked as well, I have found that not only w/the bombs, but soap and salts also, people love naked products. Since I have started setting my booth up in "bulk style" my sales skyrocketed. There is just something people love about it, kind of like a candy store :)

I also have labels with all info for customer when they purchase

i sell my bath bombs naked at craft shows, however when i get an order for them that is to be delivered i package a single bomb in a small poly bag with a bow and label on the bag. for my four and six pack bath bombs i sell them in the egg cartons. i have to agree with everyone else, they surely sell extremely well naked,

How do you display them when they are naked? Wondering for at craft shows. Are you using a large type container like you would think you would of found at an old icecream type shop? Wondering on the naked soaps too. Guess I was just curious how you stopped the customers from picking up a soap that is naked, then putting it back cuz they decided not to buy :confused:

I had a woman this year (another soaper) come by and tell me my soaps would sell better if I wrapped them. I laughed and told her that's funny, I'm selling tons.

I haul wood shelves to shows & just line my soaps on them. Each soap is labeled right in front of them. They pick up a sack, drop their soaps in and viola...naked soaps. The front of the bag is labeled with ingredients, etc. They sometimes ask for pens to write down their fragrance selections on the bag.

I've also set up a store that had bullk naked soaps in terra cotta flower pots. That's what I would do for bombs & other things too.

i sell my bath bombs naked at craft shows, however when i get an order for them that is to be delivered i package a single bomb in a small poly bag with a bow and label on the bag. for my four and six pack bath bombs i sell them in the egg cartons. i have to agree with everyone else, they surely sell extremely well naked,

where do you find egg crates at ??? sorry I'm not sure I've seen them anywhere.

www.eggcartons.com

You wouldn't believe their assortment! If you want to go this way with them, I really recommend it. I sold alot of bathbombs before in my shop, but when I implemented the egg cartons, they sold like hot cakes - every customer walked out with either a 4 pack or a 6 pack. It really eliminated those one and two bathbomb buyers.

Forty thumbs up on this!!!!