Bath Bombs: How to package

Robin your bombs are the bomb! When I first heard of bath bombs I bought a few of them in a bath shop. They were shrink wrapped and looked nice but I had a terrible time getting them open. I was sitting in the tub, trying to get a hole started with my teeth while trying not to get it wet. I finally got a hole in it and had to let it fizz away in the wrapper. Not quite the ambiance I was going for.:laugh2:

I have a question....I thought Polyethylene was a no no..that it sucks the scent out of things???

Thats what the egg cartons are made of at www.eggcartons.com

I LOVE their New Margarita Style carton wouldnt that look great with a bow around it!!! But before I order them I thought I better check about the Polythylene.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

But Jenny, that's the only good pic I've got :) All the rest look so boring lol..

I think I got these boxes at Glerup - you can search for 2x acetate boxes and probably find them at other packaging stores.

But I kind of like the idea of naked w/ plastic egg crates myself, I really like those hex shaped ones on the egg site.

I really don't know about the poly - I've never had anyone complain, but I don't think my customers keep them very long either lol

I can attest to that. I liked em naked. When I got mine in the mail I got a basket and put them in there and left them on the counter. Looked nice and it was fun to stand and smell and decide which to use that day. :tongue2:

Kristine, do you make your bombs the size of the meatballer? If so, do you think those cartons are big enough for the ornament type? I can't find the size of mine, they are not those huge softball ones, but more the size of regular round ornament (maybe a tad smaller), they are the size you typically see when you see them in stores

TIA

Michelle

We sell our bathbombs naked we get from Kristine's. We have galvanized buckets lined with white washclothes and fill them with bathbombs. Very cute display... we do have labeled drawstrings bags near by for them to put their selection in. They sell well for us this way... customers like to see, touch and smell.

HTH,

Chele

PS. You can see part of our bathbomb display in our store pics.. third photo down at:

http://www.buggytowncandles.com/storepics.html

the reason I asked about the poly is..I want to get the margarita container and fill it and tie a bow around it or something and have for mothers day gifts ...and just not sure how long they can be in there....I am going to have an Open house the end of April and want to make a bunch up ahead of time.

I would think they would be ok - they sure are cute!!

Yes I use the meatballer, and I don't think the bigger ones will fit. You would have to get something for ostrich eggs and so far, the only thing I've come up with is the foam/corrugated that you can get from produce at the store. I can't remember where it was on the net, but there is a site that carries these in bulk.