Is there a scent thats loved by all?

QTsmum

If you had to pick a scent that is loved by majority of people what would it be? I, personally, can't imagine anyone not liking Amish harvest (lol)...would something like apple pie be more widely liked? Something else? What do you think?

If you advertised a smell as your business, which would it be? Is this a weird question? I've had a spiced rum and I'm a lush, so...yeah. What does it say that I have a spiced rum and want to talk candles? LOL :shocked2:

Loved by all? No, ma'am!

I cannot tolerate patchouli, musk, evergreen, woods nor pink sugars and many seasoned sellers here, who would know, would tell you that those make up their top seller list!

I could not give laundry scents away to friends and family but that sold out at my one day show. Vanilla scents were the bottom sellers yet when I ask people what scents they prefer everyone says vanilla!

I agree with choosing something you like or that is representative of your area. Or, if you are choosing a signature scent, sell for a bit and the signature scent can be the one that rises to the top or a custom blend of a couple of good sellers. If cinnamon scents do well and vanilla scents do well, make a custom Vanilla Spice!

Edited by justajesuschick

For me, there's always " staples " that sell year after year, and there are some fads that come and go year after year.

What is your best seller for two years running, you might not can give away to the same people the next season.

FO's are kinda like food to me , in the respect that it seems in different areas of the country, totally different things sell and don't.

Here in the south, we love Grits......... but most Yanks go EWWWW , yet we wouldn't dream of eating Creme of Wheat !!!

I can't sell bakery scents in Tn for some reason, but I can't sell anything BUT bakery scents down here it seems :( ( which upsets me because I am not a huge fan of them )

For a signature scent, like stated above, figure out what sells the most in your area, and then take that and either go with it as is, or mix it up a little with something else and see how that does.

What YOU want as a signature scent, might not be what THEY want as one....

Ahhhh the joy of trying to please everyone !

Buttered Grits! Mmm. Now that's some Southern Comfort right there!

Cream of Wheat is pretty similar. Actually you can make a pretty good batch using instant grits with a little milk and honey.

But for me....Nope, not a C.O.W. person. Grits is goods.

Reminds me of "My Cousin Vinny" Funny movie.

Edited by rctfavr3

I'm probably one of the few that don't like Amish Harvest- not sure what it is, but just doesn't do it for me (sorry!) Can't do the patch's either. Cranberry Citrus- everyone in my family seems to love, along with vanillas. It is so interesting how everyone's nose is different. Just made a lotion with Almond Milk and Honey, and someone smelled pumpkin in it! Cream of wheat would probably smell like oatmeal milk and honey (I always drowned it out with lots of milk and sugar!!)- like comfort food!!

I cannot tolerate patchouli, musk, evergreen, woods nor pink sugars and many seasoned sellers here, who would know, would tell you that those make up their top seller list!

I am totally with you when it comes to patchouli, woodsy scents and Pink Sugar. I cannot STAND patchouli, but it is a good blender. Pink Sugar is disgustingly sweet- really vile in my opinion, as is Love Spell. However, just because a scent is a top seller for many, it does not mean that the scent is "loved by all". To me the only scent that comes close to being loved by all is OMH. In all of my years selling, I have never come across a single person who said that they did not at the very least 'like" OMH. Love is a tough one. I have never found a scent that the whole world loves.

Edited by Noodle

The scent that will be loved will be a scent that triggers a happy or traditional memory for that person. That could be just about anything. Some people have better scent memories than others. Some people don't like scents for specific reasons too. :) It is so hard to say what one but most people do like vanilla.

I am totally with you when it comes to patchouli, woodsy scents and Pink Sugar. I cannot STAND patchouli, but it is a good blender. Pink Sugar is disgustingly sweet- really vile in my opinion, as is Love Spell. However, just because a scent is a top seller for many, it does not mean that the scent is "loved by all". To me the only scent that comes close to being loved by all is OMH. In all of my years selling, I have never come across a single person who said that they did not at the very least 'like" OMH. Love is a tough one. I have never found a scent that the whole world loves.

Omg..I've never smelled OMH! Boy, now that's sad! Any suggestions of a good one?

My number 1 seller among friends, family and craft shows is always lavender. If you carry a good lavender, it will sell. There are bad lavenders out there. It is not my favorite. I couldn't stand it until I found a very good one. Seasonal scents also sell well. Right now pumpkin pie spice is big. Anything blended with orange sells well for me. I make cold process soap and soy candles. People still want candles, but they want great smelling candles that also look nice.