Looking for a good Lemon for a mixer

Holly

I am about to test Backwoods lemon tart in a parasoy wax melt. In the description it does not indicate any crust, etc. and to my nose I do not smell any either. I have read good things about this this oil. I am looking for a good straight lemon as a mixer....i.e. Lemon Buttercream.

What is your favorite straight lemon that would be good used as a mixer for bakery type fragrances or others...i.e. Lemon Lavender?

I will let you know how this one goes.

Thanks!

Lemon Zest from Bluegrass; you can find it at Elements.

Thanks, Buddy! I have wanted to try Elements for awhile....just never got around to it. I will check it out the lemon when I place a sample order. I have been on their site several times looking the fragrances over. Any other suggestios there? I have searched on here and got a few ideas. Thanks again!

Edited by Holly

Just wanted to let everyone know that Backwood's Lemon Tart has an outstanding scent throw in wax melts (parasoy - more paraffin than soy). I have not burned a lot of different lemons to compare the scent for the way it smells, but it smells good to me. It smells very close to Lemongrass from JBN (now owned by another store) but of course minus the grass, which was not a real strong note in JBN's lemongrass. I always loved JBN's Lemongrass...it was real strong too.

Edited by Holly

Guest OldGlory

BCN has a great lemon fo called Lemon Pucker. I've only RTCP'd it though. A very simple, true, sour lemon. It came thru beautifully! Maybe someone else on the board has used it in paraffin.

BCN has a great lemon fo called Lemon Pucker. I've only RTCP'd it though. A very simple, true, sour lemon. It came thru beautifully! Maybe someone else on the board has used it in paraffin.

Thanks Old Glory. I think I may have an old sample of that. I will go look and if I find it I will see if it still smells ok. Backwoods smells great!

Lemon Blossom from Candle Cocoon..

I love it straight..with her Fairy Dust and Twinkle Toes (grapefruit) and with Vanilla Voodoo for Lemon Creme..with straight Strawberry for Strawberry Lemonade, with straight Blueberry for Blueberry Lemonade..

Thank you. I tested it in a wicked candle a long time ago. I did not order it and most likely because I may gave gotten fuel smell in my soy wax which was common with citrus scents. Is it a straight Lemon without a floral note to it? I cannot remember. I love her oils. I use the Fairy Dust and Twinkle toes as well.

Lemon Blossom is great! I've only used it in CP, it did wonderfully!

Lemon Blossom from Candle Cocoon..

I love it straight..with her Fairy Dust and Twinkle Toes (grapefruit) and with Vanilla Voodoo for Lemon Creme..with straight Strawberry for Strawberry Lemonade, with straight Blueberry for Blueberry Lemonade..

I don't smell any floral, it reminds me of a lemon bar.

Thank you. I tested it in a wicked candle a long time ago. I did not order it and most likely because I may gave gotten fuel smell in my soy wax which was common with citrus scents. Is it a straight Lemon without a floral note to it? I cannot remember. I love her oils. I use the Fairy Dust and Twinkle toes as well.

Thanks, Buddy! I have wanted to try Elements for awhile....just never got around to it. I will check it out the lemon when I place a sample order. I have been on their site several times looking the fragrances over. Any other suggestios there? I have searched on here and got a few ideas. Thanks again!

I love elements rocky mountain Christmas- Sensuos black rose- apple cobbler- patchouli honey- sweetgrass and Manuka lavender- they are all wonderful if your putting in a an order

I have many more samples to test from there and have so far not been disappointed!