When do you print labels....

We've done both. I have learned a lesson though...we now wait to see if a particular scent and or product is going to move well before doing too many. If it doesn't move, then we're stuck with a bunch of labels. I have tons of labels printed for products we have decided to no longer carry :(

I print as I go. I'd rather not waste labels on some that I may not use. Because if you print up a lot and don't use then you will have to buy more and have those already printed just sitting there when they could have been used for the ones you need.

How do you keep track of what your pouring,..if you have 20 different scents on the table?

Not scifichick, but I arrange the scents in neat groupings of rows, then tape a label to the table for each grouping if the scents are not decorated in any way.

Not scifichick either, but for us when we make soap or candles, we print out a form/chart that we use and document everything. So if we pour lets say Coconut Lime Verbena, Cool Citrus Basil, Black Raspberry Vanilla, etc....and those number 1-3 on the chart, they are stored in that same order. If labels are needed, we use the chart to order them.

Not scifichick either, but for us when we make soap or candles, we print out a form/chart that we use and document everything. So if we pour lets say Coconut Lime Verbena, Cool Citrus Basil, Black Raspberry Vanilla, etc....and those number 1-3 on the chart, they are stored in that same order. If labels are needed, we use the chart to order them.

Sounds like my batch sheet. I've made it so that the batch sheet prints the pertinent info on a label that is stored with the batch on the curing racks. This way if storage boxes get out of sequence I always know which batch/lot number the soap/candle/shampoo/conditioner/etc. the items belong to. Saves a ton of hassle. The main sheet is filed when the batch is complete and entered into the computer so labels are a snap when needed.

When I make a bunch of different scents at once, I also line them up and then place the fragrance bottle behind the line. :-) As long as my kids don't touch it, I'm good! Haha! Usually I can tell by sniffing what it is, anyway, and I don't usually do more than 5 scents at a time.

That the same thing we do.

When I make a bunch of different scents at once, I also line them up and then place the fragrance bottle behind the line. :-) As long as my kids don't touch it, I'm good! Haha! Usually I can tell by sniffing what it is, anyway, and I don't usually do more than 5 scents at a time.