What was I thinking!!

So the team mom from my sons football team comes to me and says they need a fundraiser, so me being the "do it all" that I am, said I'll get right on that... I have never ever ever done any kind of fundraiser before! So I picked 4 scents, threw together a nice looking order form, printed 100 copies and took them too her. 2 weeks later, which was this past Friday, she brings me over $500 in orders!!:shocked2: Not only that, when I go to order supplies, none of the scents I picked are sold by the same company! So I place 3 different orders for wax and scent, ordered printer ink and labels from Amazon, and still have to go to Walmart and get jars, Dixie cups, and paper bags. Lesson learned, you can't always just "jump in"!!

Well, I am in the same boat right there with ya, sister!

Sure! An expenses paid art fair at my corporation? Why not!

I do not actually sell my product but now I have boxes of cello bags, hundreds of Kraft paper bags to put the small bags people buy (hopefully), labels for each, denim homespun ties, cases of wax, pounds of oils, signs, ways to merchandise my bags. AND. A shiny new stainless Presto Pot.

A co-worker with a thriving etsy business said my organization and packaging looks like I have more of a business than her actual business.

Sometime I'd love to see pics of, or hear more about your "crumbles".

We will both do just fine. It will be a learning experience but still fun for both of us!

p.s. blacktieaffair has a seat on our boat. She is building everything back up. At least we will not be lonely in our insanity!

Ok, thank you! I was working for my sister in law, making tarts in her flower shop, so everything was covered by her insurance. She had to close her shop, and there was such a high demand for the candles and tarts I decided to go out on my own, still trying to figure all this "business" stuff out!

hee hee....Isn't it SO EXCITING??!!! Big Congratulations and GOOD FOR YOU...and what a nice order!!! You'll get through it just fine and when it's all over you'll think about how hard you worked, how much you accomplished, how wonderful it was that people wanted your product, how much fun it all was and then you'll look at that money sitting in the palm of your hand and just grin.....:grin2:

Edited by puma52

Have you already tested wicks for the 4 scents you chose in the jars you are getting from Walmart? All scents do not necessarily work with the same wick. Making melts and making candles are two very different animals. In any event, I wish you luck with your endeavor.