Dye Or No Dye and Which Ones

Dolphin146

I do not use dye (i chose not to because i use soy) but did experiment with the lonestar liquid dyes when I started making candles. They gave off no smell. I do love color and wish it looked better in pure soy but for me it was a hassle. So I chose dye free.

Edited by jackbenimble

No dyes in my melts. While I do love the look of all the pretty colors in a pack on the shelf, to me, unless you have a light, or clear burner, you can't tell it's colored once it's melted anyway.

Plus I don't want the hassle of writing down or remembering exact color measurements. Call me lazy LOL ( plus this way, I have one less expense and I never run out of ,or low on , dye )

I make crumbles, and I always dye, that's what I've done from the beginning, but recently I decided to do a "Fall Preview" In which I only made a 1 lb of each fall scent I had, didn't dye, and poured them into fluted tart molds. I can really see the appeal of this, they are sooooo much easier! I wish I would have done it like that from the beginning, but I have too many loyal customers, I couldn't change it now.

I really thought in the beginning that I would not dye. I made everything white and I thought "OOOoooo, natural".

Well, I'm a professional Cake Designer, and a Textile Artist so color is my world. I have been hand mixing colors for 20+ years and I just couldn't do white anymore. I now have a LOT of dye chips and liquid dyes and I hand mix most every color. I have made some GORGEOUS colors and I couldn't go back to just white.