Walmart has 2 oz portion cups for making tarts! :D

HorseScentS

Today at super Walmart, in the grocery section, I saw a new product on the shelves near the paper plates and plastic cups. They have clear plastic 2 oz portion cups with the number 5 in a triangle on the bottom, the kind for making tarts/scent shots. Maybe you already know about these, but I had not noticed them before today. They're aprox $2.97 for a bag of 50. Don't know if that's a good price or not.

I'm going to have to check into this! I have been using a small glass bowl, and washing it after every scent. Can you use the small dixie cups, or does it have to be the plastic cups?

Make sure you use the wax-coated paper Dixie Cups for measuring FO, because the FO will eat right through the plastic ones.

Sams club has similar in 2500 quantities for about $25.00. The lids & cups are sold separately though each box for $25.00.

Thank you, that's good to know! The Walmart ones have the lids included in the bag. I'm not a member of Sam's Club because when I went to scope it out a couple of years ago, I couldn't see that I would save money on anything, since I can't afford to buy items in bulk. It seemed better for people who run a day care, or buy supplies for a business. I really didn't see any bargains, like I see at the liquidator stores. But, I will go and check it out again now that I'm making candles, maybe they have jars there or something.

Ask about a free one day pass. Or ask relatives if they have one & go with them. I'm sure they have these at Costcos too. Check to see if you have any restaurant supply places by you. I've never seen jars, but you never know. Maybe JJs.

A free one day pass is a great idea! I've checked the restaurant supplies, and they don't have anything good, not even good deals on glass tumblers.

HS do you still have the FO % chart Alan made? 3oz of wax + FO is making my tarts too high. I want to put exactly 3 ozs.

Yes, here it is. I made it into a new thread, so you can search the forum for "FO load Chart" and it comes up: http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?103560-FO-Load-Chart-from-the-old-Candletech-forum-Very-Helpful!-Thank-you-Alan!-D&highlight=FO+load+chart