Square or Intuit Go Payment

Was watching Tv this morning and saw a commercial that Intuit now has CC readers for iPhone and Androids ( tabs too ) .

I have Square but was wondering if anyone had used Intuit, had they picked Intuit over Square, and / or any reviews or experiences you have when using either one.

I use the intuit. I can't really remember what made me choose it. I think it was just the first one I found that I could actually us for my iphone. What I love it I can also use it on the Ipad as well. I bought a $15 stylus from the office supply store and that way people can use that to "sign" their name. I have 2 card swipers so if I am at a show and it gets busy I can have my iphone and ipad going at the same time.

I use Square, only because that's what I heard of first. I've only used it a few times, but I'm happy with it. I haven't looked much into any others. The only thing that I wish Square would do is break down the order....it would be nice to input what they bought, have it total and/or add the tax, and send all that to them in their emailed receipt, rather than just the total.

I have Intuit because I had a Blackberry, but now that I have the iphone I am looking to Square. I love how Intuit allows me to select items from a list and lists the items and amount for tax separately. Although Intuit is more well known, I am looking at what the Square would offer that Intuit does not...?

We have Square because it had been recommended by so many friends who own businesses or other small business owners. When it arrived, it also came with a stylus. Every time we process a card, the email we assigned to the account will receive a notice showing a new sale had been made and the total. My husband was in another state and I was at a Farmers Market...I kept getting these text messages from him..."way to go" and "nice job" and "wow...that was great" text messages...and it hit me that his email address was assigned as the notification. I like the fact that the money is in our account the next business day. We even dropped our online merchant account and now process all cards through Square bc it's so much cheaper. We got another reader for my husbands phone at Best Buy for $10.00 and they credited the $10.00 back when he used it. I'm not sure about Intuit, but we can also process cards without having the actual cc, but have basic information; cc #, exp date, code and zip code of the customer. I like the features of having the customer sign, and ask if they want an email receipt...and even if they want a pic taken of their product(s) and sent along with their email. People are always amazed and chuckle. I wish we had gotten it sooner. Oh...I'll tell ya what's really cool....When my husband works out of state, our bank is usually not in that state. So, he goes to buy a Visa gift card at Walmart and puts money on the gc....charges that amount to square and I have the money the next day. Small fee to pay for the security of getting the money, plus so quickly.

Like mentioned, I do have the Square, and for me, after reading some articles comparing the two, it's still the best way for me to go. I pulled up quite a few articles comparing the two, and it just is a better fit for me. For those that don't have either, here is one article that does a very quick but informed side by side...

http://www.businessinsider.com/square-and-intuit-gopayment-comparison-2011-1

One thing I did notice and was mentioned in quite a few articles, Intuit GoPayment will NOT work with a LOT of phones yet. Another thing is, the credit check. I just think it's sort intrusive. Their customer service stated that it didn't cause you to not be able to use it if you have bad credit............ if that's the case........ why are they checking it to begin with if it wont make a difference ??

I have intuit. I can't complain at all about the service with it. I chose intuit because I had nothing but problems with Square when I tried to sign up with them. I got married last year, started taking the CC payments earlier this year. Had my information changed (last name matched social security number ect) for over 6 months when I tried to get it. It declined me for taking anything but cash with Square (and why the heck would you do something like that in the first place...). When I spoke with a customer service rep, I was only allowed to communicate through email with them, no phone contact. Then was given a very snotty attitude for my trouble. They apparently didn't care that the name had been changed.

When I went to Intuit, I was flagged as well for review, spoke with someone via phone, and was approved (very politely) less than 5 minutes later after I explained my circumstances. I doubt I'll bother trying to switch to Square in the future. First impressions mean a lot.