Do you sprinkle or not....

leisa2003

I see alot of vendors decorating the tops of their wax tarts with sugar crystals, candy sprinkles, glitter, etc... Do any of you do that, or do you perfer not to have those things on the tarts that you make?

ETS: If you do,..do these things scratch your warmer bowls when you wipe it out?

Edited by leisa2003

I do, and my customers seem to like it. I do it also to quickly identify premade clamshells at a glance. We have collected a lot of glitters and sprinkles etc over the years.

Oh thats a good way to identify the scents, never thought of that. Good idea!! :)

No sprinkles, glitter nor dye. I don't even use VS. If it turns, it turns. They seem to like that it has a little chemicals put in it as I can manage.

Are your candles undyed also? I've thought about not dying mine, since I use soy.

As for that, I don't do candles yet, but if I ever get into it, I probably won't dye them ( but who knows, I don't see me even beginning to mess with them for a couple of years ). I do wax melts in clams, and of course I dye and decorate the heck out of my TPs lol. Firestarters are a lot of times "dyed" because most of the melts I use for my own pleasure is from bits and pieces of left over dyed wax from dipping things. I just melt all that together, greens/blues/blacks/reds/pinks/purples.. it usually all comes out a burgandy color.

We glitter our candles and wax melts. That is how people know they are mine. Not that others don't glitter sometimes but around this area when people see the glitter they know they have a chance that it is our product. Then they can turn it over and look at the bottom. For birthday cake we actually use the sprinkles that you get at the grocery store. I only use cosmetic grade glitter. Very fine and just a dash across the top.

I have never had the glitter scratch my warmer nor had any complaints.

I don't decorate or dye, but mostly because I'm lazy! I'm tried just about everything before I realized that if it ain't broke...don't try to fix it. My melts sell just as is, no dye..no decos, so I leave well enough alone. I can't imagine anything scratching a burner if the wax is dumped either fully melted or totally hardened. If something were added to melts that increased the temp then you might get some spattering??

I have always decorated some of my candles, like my "Cheers!" which is champagne gets little crystal beads, Twigs gets little red beads. I use semi-precious stones and have never had an issue with burning, but I use just a few right on top and not right next to wick.