Most Valued Supplier!?

rctfavr3

OK, so I figured I'd ask as a general question...because we don't have the option to create polls.

What supplier(s) do you value the most, in terms of quality, price, and selection of products (FOs, candle supplies, etc)>?

I am interested in seeing which companies are valued the most within "your" business/hobby.

If you feel like you're giving away corporate secrets, please don't answer. I'm just curious to know what everyone likes as their favorite GO-TO supplier, and why. :cheesy2:

Edited by rctfavr3

Here's where it gets frustrating for me. FO's would be CS but that's only because I haven't tested all the ones from Aztec I need to test. Aztec offers more than just fragrances which saddens me about CS,,I'd say Aztec carries about 75-80% of the products I need.

Out of ALL the suppliers I have, the one that has the largest selection of products, and honestly have every single thing I need to make my products from labels, to wax, to bb products, fos, dyes, packaging, bears, clams, you name it....... is hands down BitterCreek North.

They have great customer service and help desk and will work with you to the absolute best of their ability.

BUT

Year after year I have gotten less and less from them, for three reasons.

1. I've found most of what I need, for less price somewhere else.

2. I've found those products much closer so shipping is either very low, or there is no shipping costs

3. (((honestly this has been my biggest complaint about them))

They take too long to fill an order, and get it ready for shipping, and then add the ship time into that.

I have literally ordered from them the same day as BB (northwest), BCN order was like 3 things, BB order was like 25... And the BB order was filled, shipped, and received here only one day after I got the confirmation from BCN that my order had finally made it to ship out. And yes, I called, nothing I had was backordered or anything like that. Their policy I believe is that it can take around 3 days for an order to process. Then you have ship time.

I absolutely adore the company and everyone I have EVER came into contact with from there, and I will gladly order again and again from them. But because of those three things, I've had to split up probably 99% of my buying somewhere else.

For me: actual candle making supplies is Peak. I get 99% of my stuff from there now. I do use other suppliers for other things too, but not nearly as often. And they're the better deal for me for shipping above all.

Soaping stuff: WSP, Peak, Brambleberry are all just about equal for me.

Packaging stuff: Uline, hands down.

I buy most from Brambleberry, but they are 30 minutes away so NO SHIPPING. Because there is no shipping I find buying their oils in larger quantities (like 5 gallons plus) is CHEAPER than columbus foods etc. Plus as a general rule the quality of their FO's etc. is always stellar. AND nothing beats being able to sniff before I buy!

Unfortunately I use a variety of fragrances I cannot get at one source. Have tried to limit to one supplier many times over the past few years; but it just isn't working out for me.

SouthernScentsations is the closest supplier to me and has excellent customer service and ships same day or the next and is where I get my wax from and a few fragrances and wicks. Otherwise as far as quick shipping and customer service I'd mention Backwoods as great.

For me, The Chemistry Store is where I get most of my supplies, but not many fragrances. The Chemistry Store is just about one stop shopping for me. Sweet Cakes is my main fragrance supplier. I also use a lot of supplies and fos from BCN. These are my top three.

I stopped purchasing from NG about 6 months ago. They raised their soap base prices drastically and discontinued the base that I loved. They are a very reliable supplier and I never had a problem with NG. But, I try to find one stop shopping as much as possible to save on shipping costs. I can get a lot of one stop shopping from the Chemistry Store and BCN.

Edited by Noodle

I used to buy the bulk of my oils from BCN. I've branched out and like Candle Science, Peaks and Rustic Escentuals. I too wish BCN was quicker with shipping and more generous with the free sniffie. That's why I'm loving RE. Two free one ounce samples with every order.

Wax, wick and additives from Candlewic along with a few oils.

I get most of my stuff from Peak - I can order on Mon and receive on Wed! They are always super fast, accurate, and always great cust svc if I have a question or issue. Their products are top notch too! I also get several FO's from AH/RE, and they are awesome as well - Fast - curtious - FO's are great, but they don't have much else that I use. Unfortunately, I have some FO's that neither have, so I also use NG (I like them fine, just takes longer), Just Scent (only 2 FO's), and MillCreek (only 2 FO's). I have some items I can't get anywhere but BCN - and frankly, I would probably get more from them, if not for the slow shipping - it takes me forever to get my orders from them - so much so I have those items flagged to reorder sooner than anything else because I know it'll take 7 - 10 days. Funny - I just noticed my favs are not only the fastest, but the ones that are generous with the freebies... :laugh2:I LOVE receiving shipments from them and digging to find what surprises are in there!! :drool:

I use Rustic Escentuals/Aroma Haven/KY for the majority of my supplies...soy, wicks, labels, wick stickums, and FO's. There are a few FO's that I get from other suppliers...Miami Erie, Candle Science, Tennessee and Southern Scentsations. But as I find replacements for those oils with RE/AH...I will be switching over so that eventually I just use them and Fillmore for glassware.

It seems Peaks is the most valued, followed by Rustic Esentials, then Natures Garden. (would be BNC if it wasn't for their slow shipping)

For candle jars and bottles it seems like most of you are using Fillmore. (not really a second option)

Lastly it seems like everyone is using Uline for their packaging, tape, etc.

It's too bad there isn't a central (universal) supplier that carries everthing.

I also do the FO shuffle, having to order from multiple suppliers, something I'm trying to avoid.

Edited by rctfavr3

FO's - Rustic Escentuals. AH/RE is fast with shipping, i love the 2 free full-size samples, and never had a problem with my order. I also use their wax, wicks and dyes.

Containers -The Jar Store

I don't use Uline much, but when I need packaging, they are at the top of my list.

Places I won't order from again are SOS (terrible FO's), BCN and Aztec (rude customer service).

I have to say, I haven't bought alot of FO from AH/RE, but those that I've tried have been very good quality. I might have to give them a second look. I get my lip balm stuff there.

Same here- I am really liking their FO's and for not really liking florals I an obsessed with their Sensuos black rose right now!

Same here- I am really liking their FO's and for not really liking florals I an obsessed with their Sensuos black rose right now!

Never tried it. Can you describe the scent? I'm not a fan of florals but might gives this one a go.

Edited by rctfavr3

Never tried it. Can you describe the scent? I'm not a fan of florals but might gives this one a go.

Wrong supplier... sorry

black rose is from Elements- I dont know why I always I confuse those 2 but I always do! anyhow, I am horrible at describing scents but this one is not just the sickly sweet rose, you can pick up different notes in it, a little woodsy and a little musky (but not the gross musk) and each burn for me got stronger and stronger- its definitely worth a 1 ounce sample to try if you ever order from there- along with rocky mountain christmas (one of my favorites!!)