Shipping problem

LynnS

I sent a order a week ago to a wholesaler.She ordered a few tarts to take to a craft show.I got a email from her in Friday.They hadn't arrived.That was 6 days. so Saturday she had no tarts.She also orderd labels.That company sent them on Monday.She didn't have them Friday.

My orders always arrive in 2 days to my customers till now.Upsetting.Not only that the orders were sent USPS for mine and UPS for the company that sent the labels.

Anyone having this problem with shipping orders???? Very discouraging.

Thank You

Lynn Smith

Sorry to hear that Lynn. We've been shipping alot and things have been running smoothly for all of our shipments. I do know that if an order is shipped on Thursday or Friday, it may not arrive until Tuesday the next week....that's the only thing we've experienced.

It is a total crap shoot for me. Some orders arrive quickly and some take a year and a day. I have no idea why a package sometimes sits in a sort center for a week without any updates. Then it magically appears. Naturally, the customer upset even thought the matter is out of my hands. The post office is about as consistent as the weather.

Noodle looks like we are the only ones having a problem and this is my very first time after over 7 years.I don't ship alot but orders are always there in 2 days no matter where it is shipped.I'm in Ohio and one of my customers from Ohio gets hers in 2 days the same time the out of state customers get theirs.She is in a rural area but Still why a day later.

I am waiting to here from this lady.See if she got mine or her label order from another company.They sent the labels to her last Monday. I sent my package on the Saturday.Just a working day earlier.

I have wondered about neighbors.Anyone else wonder if that could happen???

Candy.Always the way my orders are.Sent on a Saturday morning and there by Tues. Not this time

LynnS

Forgot,I talked to my friend and she heard on the news mail will be slower.Alot of PO's are closing and distribution places are cutting their employees. We all may be in for a rude awakening. Makes sense.

We have a small PO near us and they are talking they might be closing.The postmaster is retiring anyway so might as well close down.

I understand it could be slower but days longer to arrive.I have a funny feeling she still doesn't have her order and will be over a week. Guess I will go to my PO and ask him what could be wrong.

LynnS

Noodle looks like we are the only ones having a problem

I have always had problems with usps. I don't even use carrier pickup anymore. I no longer have a regular carrier. I do not know who will show up from day to day. They rarely remembered to pick up my shipments even though I scheduled a pick up online the day before. I always got some song and dance from the post office about how the route was split and one driver thought the other had done it.... My post offices are very busy and congested. They are not good at all... I am also wondering if posters here are talking about just priority packages being quick. Most of my priority packages arrive in 2 or 3 days. (I still have a few per month that just take the scenic route I guess.) However, I ship A LOT of items first class mail. It is not unusual for a package to take 10-14 days to receive. It is very frustrating.

Edited by Noodle

I give up. I will be more careful now.She did say it might be possible someone got it.

This was a medium flat rate box.I do my best using flat rate.I have the PO compare pricing and it always the way I go. After using the small Priority mail box and having it weighed with 4 candles from Ohio to FLA I found the medium flat rate was lower.Not by alot though but still that box was 3 times smaller than the medium flat rate box.

Shipping is getting harder and harder. Do some you of you see less online candle sales in the near future??? My sales are just picking up BUT the hardest time hasn't hit yet.

LynnS

Well finally it got to her.Would you believe 11 days.I sent it on Saturday and it arrived over a week later on a Tues. Now somewhere it was lost.

Last week mailed something to MA and it arrived in 2 days.The PA package 11 days.Same part of the country. I live in Ohio not Calif or some other state that would be thousand miles away.

Looks like some of you are experiencing the same problem.Just wait till the PO's close. One lady from a small town in Ohio told me she only gets mail 2 times a week now.YIKES!!!!

What are we wholesalers going to do with service like this?????

LynnS

Along the same lines, I was looking to place a small order with BCN this weekend for a rush order. When estimating the shipping, the USPS flat rate options came up as 2-3 days, but the straight priority rate came up with 10 days. What the heck is that?!

I sent another order of tarts to this lady and it took 3 days.More like it but I still can't figure why places farther get their orders in 2 days.I am getting worried when so many PO's close.Some already have. I live just over 1 mile from the one I use and so easy to go there.If it closes IF the Postmaster retires I will have to drive 15 miles.A bummer.

LynnS