Dragons Blood scent.

The only one I have used is the one we sell at Bitter Creek. Before we stocked it, I was the tester. It is really strong but it also really needed to be wicked up. Because of that it tends to burn a bit cooler, I'd say to try that at half an oz and see what happens. I didn't personally opt to put it in my candle line (for some reason I dont think it would sell in a primitive market. LOL) so I never tested it but its worth a shot!

I got the scent from Candle Science I have had issues with a scent being strong and not getting a good burn in my candles and I take a whole lot of pride in the way the candle burns. I have not used this company be for. I am looking forward to my scents getting here.

CS is a very good supplier, their fragrance oils are very nice. You will need to test the fragrance in your system to get the best hot throw. I've used Dragon's Blood from NG, CS, Elements, another place I can't recall and Tony's from Southern Garden Scents. I'm pretty sure I had to wick up the fragrance from CS, but I also colored pretty dark. The joys of testing.

Yes,

yes, yes, to Tony's. I can't remember where Tony's scents went.

I've tried several versions from several suppliers in several waxes. Tony's was by far the best and the only one worth reordering. It has always been a very good seller. It's much richer and deeper than any others I've tried. Very much worth the extra cost.

He still does bulk oils sales on his website but Dragon's Blood is not one of them for some reason. For smaller amounts there are two supplies, one on the east coast and one on the west. The links are on the SGS site: http://www.southerngardenscents.com/

IMHO I think his version is the best as well. I've been hoarding my last little bit and need to order more.

I LOVE this scent, I actually bought 5 pounds of it last year, and it's about a third gone.

What wax are you using?

I have had very good luck with C1 and the GW444 with this, no so much with C3.

For everyone who has good luck with this FO............... about how many steps up are you wicking? I use 415 & it seems I can never wick up enough to get it to throw much. (which sucks because I love the scent:( )

i thought I read somewhere that this scent smells like Nag Champa, is this true?

No. They are definitely different but both are well known as scents used in incense. But if you like Dragons Blood you may probably like Nag Champa as well as Frankincense & Myrhh.

• 2 weeks later...
I love and use the Dragons Blood from Southern Garden, which is now Sassy Girl if you want to buy less then 5lbs. I also like the one from CS but to me the Southern Garden's version seems to have more depth.

Definitely. CS's DB is tinny, for lack of a better word. It smells like something is missing. In fact, all I've used except Tony's is that way.

• 4 months later...
The only one I have used is the one we sell at Bitter Creek. Before we stocked it, I was the tester. It is really strong but it also really needed to be wicked up. Because of that it tends to burn a bit cooler, I'd say to try that at half an oz and see what happens. I didn't personally opt to put it in my candle line (for some reason I dont think it would sell in a primitive market. LOL) so I never tested it but its worth a shot!

Does this FO from BC require wicking up like the CS one?

I have fantastic luck with DB from the scent works in C3. It scents a large room within 12 hours of being poured at 1 oz PPO. I sell dozens of candles a week made with this at my summer event. I tried to switch to NG's and sales dropped to almost nothing. Switched back and sales shot up like a rocket to normal again. I use it in beeswax too with similar sales history.

I have fantastic luck with DB from the scent works in C3. It scents a large room within 12 hours of being poured at 1 oz PPO. I sell dozens of candles a week made with this at my summer event. I tried to switch to NG's and sales dropped to almost nothing. Switched back and sales shot up like a rocket to normal again. I use it in beeswax too with similar sales history.

Any wicking issues with the Scent Works DB?

I make 8 oz tins using CDN wicks. TSW's DB takes a CDN14 for me, just as Nag Champa and a couple other heavies do. It's one size bigger on the charts than most of the other FO's I use in the tins. Knock wood, I've not had any clogging issues at 1 oz PPO. I could probably get away with a CDN12 but like how the 14's perform further down into the tins on this one.

The price per oz doesn't thrill me, but when it sells in such volume I should not complain.