2012 Ohio Soapmakers Gathering

SOAPFREAK

2012 OH Soapmakers Gathering!!

The 2012 OH Soapmakers Gathering is being Planned!!!!

MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!!

Are you sick of winter yet?!

Spring here we come!

Who? You! All soapmakers or candle makers in the OH, KY, IN, MI, PA area or

anyone wanting to travel!! Bring a friend, the more the merrier!

When? Sat April 21st. 9-4:30

Where? Wooster, Ohio (first time here, yay!)

Specifically Where? Grace Brethren Church, 4599-A Burbank Rd. Wooster, Ohio 44676

COST:$35.00 per person~ a bargain and it includes snacks, lunch, and lots of extras!

Registration at the door will be $40

WHAT?? A day filled with meeting new friends, sharing ideas, yummy food, goodie

bag filled with wonderful things from MANY companies around the US, a notebook

of information and keepsakes. a swap, a `garage sale' with a HUGE variety of

things, WONDERFUL vendors, demonstrations and door prizes!!! It's gonna be a

great fun filled day!!

The lunch menu, vendor list, and demo list will be listed later.

You can register by via paypal at Schem1983@.... Can you send this as a gift please to avoid Paypal fees? Please email me at

OhioSoapers@... with your paypal username, real name, address and contact

information so I can keep names straight. There will be no refunds after April 7th.

This is a great opportunity to go shopping in Amish country on Friday before the

gathering. There is so much to see and do.

If anyone would like more information about visiting Amish country, please don't hesitate to contact me. I can get you information on places to stay and shopping.

We will keep you posted with more information. Thank you and hope you will

attend!!

Kristy

• 1 month later...

Any info on what the demos/presentations will be about?

Is this the same as the one I attended in Canton in, mmm, maybe '06 (could have been '05)?

I am going to see if this is a possibility for me... I'll get back to you

oh and any luck with the silicone log mold you were working on? if so, I'd still like one.....

Edited by tlc26

I recall now. This is the one that was usually held in Strongsville, which is not even 10 minutes for me. I meant to go the few times I knew about it but then wouldn't catch it until it was to late for me to get off work, or whatever the situation was....

Care Bear, where are you?

I also wanted to ask if someone is already scheduled to pick up the sniffing bottles on loan from NG... if not, I am fairly close and it would be on my way there... If you need me to pick those up let me know.

Edited by tlc26

• 3 weeks later...

post-4416-139458497323_thumb.jpg

Column swirl soap from demo

post-4416-139458497345_thumb.jpg

Bath bombs from interactive demo (everyone did an awesome job!)

What a nice time! The venue was large and beautiful, the vendors were awesome, the demos were so informative! I learned alot! My favorites were the column swirl demo, bath bomb demo and Kristy's flower swirl soap demo. My bath bomb fell out of it's little holder on the ride home and was rolling around in my trunk! Can you believe that only being made hours earlier it didn't crack, break or even crumble in the slightest?!? I'm going to try applying the tricks I learned yesterday to my soapmaking and bath bomb making.....I'm excited to see my results! A big thanks to everyone who worked behind the scenes to make the Gathering such a success! Everything was wonderful! I'm already looking forward to next year!

I must say, arriving a day early and taking in Amish Country was a great time too. I'd never been there, and it is a trip my daughter and I will never forget. :)

• 2 weeks later...

SO I won't be able to use the free e-class certificate that I won at the gathering from The Nova Studio. I was thinking of doing a giveaway on here or maybe my youtube channel... what do you guys think? How should I do it?

You can't use an e-class? Do you need a special internet connection or something? What an awesome prize! Shame you can't use it. I'd love to take a class with The Nova Studio! Maybe you could trade for something you need or have a trivia contest if you just want to give it away.....