OMH/ GOAT MILK BASE/Micheals Craft store

mzphee

OK I was at Micheals craft store and they had the goatmilk base 2lb for $2.50 because of the damage package. I purchased it so I can start playing and getting the feel of M&P. ok here is a picture of the first batch. OK now im ready to order from a supplier so I can really play I loved doing this. I have 100% whole grain oats very fine, less than a half cup of almond milk and EVOO added to the base, it did lather but not a whole lot. it does has some moisture in it but my hands are still a little dry....but this was my first time..

th_newcreations016.jpg?t=1329319698 th_newcreations015.jpg?t=1329319687th_newcreations039.jpg?t=1329319697

th_newcreations044.jpg?t=1329319714on the left is the front of the bar, and the right is the back

Im ready to try again:yay:

Edited by mzphee

thank you Candybee do you think I can try some of the recipes you posted with the base I have from Micheals?

The recipes are for everyone. The recipe thread is also for anyone who has a recipe they want to share.

I cannot however, vouch for the quality of the base. The better the base, the better the soap will turn out. Never used Michaels for their bases. But have used them for their candle wax and from my experience didn't care for it.

I have 100% whole grain oats very fine, less than a half cup of almond milk and EVOO added to the base, it did lather but not a whole lot. it does has some moisture in it but my hands are still a little dry

I have found this also to be true of most of the bases I have used so far. Even after adding the additives it is still kinda dry feeling. I'm not sure what to do to help this because I'm using recipes from the MP recipe posting here. Camden Greys base is actually very moisturizing on its own but lathers very little and adding more then a TBS of any additive to it makes the lather nonexistent.

Very nice soap though mzphee!!

The only bases I have found that lather like crazy even with a ton of additives are the ones from C&S. But they tend to be out of the exact base you need when you need to order. So if you don't mind switching any of their bases are very lathery. I sometimes use their Mango when they are out of white or gm. Their shea is also really nice. Every single base I have tried from them lathers great. And I love my additives!!