Any way to salvage this ?

blacktieaffair

I made a loaf today and I forgot to spray alcohol on the first layer and of course, its coming off. It's a three layer oatmeal honey vanilla.. I did put it in the freezer for about 4 minutes beacause it wasn't releasing, and I did cut that first piece when it was still cold....

help?!?

post-14200-13945849404_thumb.jpg

post-14200-139458494046_thumb.jpg

post-14200-139458494049_thumb.jpg

post-14200-139458494054_thumb.jpg

Edited by blacktieaffair

it looks good to me, I know the layers are coming apart but other than that, it looks really good. where did you get the loaf mold? I have been playing around with craft store melt and pour and I think Im about ready to play with the big girls lol I have a few pictures that im going to post ..

Can you remelt the layer that is coming off, and repour it? I scratch the layer I am adding to with a fork to ensure that the next layer sticks.

If it were me I would try this. But I have not done M&P in 9 years. Otherwise remelt and make something new.

Edited by NaturallyTru

Im going to remelt it in a little while and probably add a little more soap to each layer ( going to melt them individually) so I have some extra left over. The reason for this is, when I separated the layers, it felt a little more "oily" than normal. I measured carefully ( so I thought) but Im wondering if I also got more oils and butters in it than I should have. My main concern is .. this is the first time I've worked with oatmeal. Im scared by trying to remelt it, Im going to end up having REAL oatmeal in soap as in , a cooked , gummy , gooey mess.

Has anyone ever had to remelt soap that had oatmeal in it?

This wasn't crushed oats like in some of Jackbenimbles video, this was whole oats in two layers.

I remelted the entire thing, in seperate containers, and repoured it. I was worried big time because the oatmeal inside was like.. well... almost cooked oatmeal.. but , it's been about 5 days now and its working fine.. Im loving the fact I didnt put any VS in it and its turning a darker tan because of the vanilla in it :)

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and tips.. I'll post pics tomorrow. I just wanted to make sure it worked right before I jumped the gun again lol

If one layer or both were a bit oily that could also be a reason why they seperated. Remelting and adding more base to the oil layer(s) was what I would have done too. BTW-- I love remelted M&P soap. Sometimes I think it makes much better soap that way. So I never worry about remelting as I know I can end up with a better soap.