Blankey's new line...

So I was interested in Blankey Candles new like of Pure Radience candles and so far here is what I've learned... they are a new line of "soy blend" candles that have a contemporary style but... they have this new wick which I am mesmerized with. It is a flat cotton wick that is about 1/3" wide and just about as flat as a piece of paper. It burns hot, very, very hot (about an inch deep melt pool) and it has a flame height of about 2" after you get it going.

I assume they went with a flat cotton wick because of the patent that wood wicks have on them, and I think they did it well.

I was thinking about them, and seeing them burn they have the same style flame as if you were to zero space or place the wicks around 1/3" apart which I have been playing with.

Here are some pictures of it from the Blankey Facebook page. (posted by fans)

post-13701-139458493485_thumb.jpg

Now, on their facebook page the people who are "serious" YC fans are claiming they are not getting any throw off of these... of course these people are the same ones who claim that the smooth wax is smooth because Blankey has eliminated fragrance oils from them to "save money" and that the best candles are the most mottled ones because that mottling is the fragrance oil in the candle.

I can't wait till we get commercially available flat wicks, I really think they will be the answer to the 4"+ single wick candle problem.

post-13701-139458493469_thumb.jpg

post-13701-139458493481_thumb.jpg

From my understanding, and Stella will know more with this than I do, the thicker glass doesn't mean it's safer to use with the heat. A lot of the glass safety depends on the tempering process and the chemical composition of the glass in the first place. Thick glass can get thermal shock just as much as thin glass.

That's some thick glass and notice the base thickness. You bet that's a hot candle. I'm sure it's been tested for safety but I wouldn't burn it myself. Burn it on a ceramic tile away from any drafts and keep small children, pets, people with long hair far away from it. A deep melt pool the size of a lake doesn't guarantee you can smell anything unless the system is working correctly IMHO. I could see that candle not throwing but the wick thinig is intriguing.

Steve

Hi ChandlerWicks...think I have always been an "Enigma", but now everyone knows!! But really, don't those wicks sound interesting ti trt in our vaseline wax? LOL!

Hey There Wickedy Wick! LOL I ordered 25 more lbs of our vaseline. The HT on these others is not as good & colors are not as vibrant. Yes, maybe this wick would be the magical one that works!

$27.00 at Target...WOW. I wouldn't pay 27 cents for those candles. IMO the flame is way too high and burning too hot. The only thing that impressed me in those pictures was the pack of Marlboros and lighter on the table. lol

They are pretty though, no wet spots, creamy yet vibrant colors or delicate pastels, a good line of trendy colors, a new pretty jar.