Finally ordered from Peak for first time!

Aimee81

I finally jumped in and ordered 10 samples from Peak...

Cappuccino Hazelnut

Country Berry Hotcakes

Fresh Baked Pie Crust

Ocean

Sweet Pumpkin Spice

Warm Apple Pie

Winter Wonderland

Cranberry Apple Marmalade

Black Rasberry Vanilla

Sugar Cookie

Can't wait to get them :)

Edited by Aimee81

Received the order today :) Ordered it Wednesday Feb 8th in evening, was shipped Thursday Feb 9th and received it Feb 13th USPS...only 4 day's including weekend so NOT BAD :)

OOB:

Cappuccino Hazelnut: A really nice, strong coffee note that I was looking for that Just Scent Capp Hazel lacked.

Country Berry Hotcakes: DELICIOUS is all I can say about this. Smells just like described only better. I love this one OOB.

Fresh Baked Pie Crust: It has a very soft scent to me OOB, hoping it is stronger in my soy wax melt.

Ocean: Has more of a perfume smell to me, was hoping for more of a salt smell but I am only drawn to baking smells so my opinion doesn't mean much on the scent to me..just doesn't smell like an ocean to me OOB...hopefully melting it in a wax melt will have different results! I still like it though, very strong and intense. I do not have any other Ocean FO to compare it to though.

Sweet Pumpkin Spice: This smell's more like a spiced cinnamon smell to me, not much pumpkin but I really like it. Could try to sell it all year long as a spiced scent since those seem to sell like hotcakes for me..we will see when it has cured if I get a lot of pumpkin.

Warm Apple Pie: Was wanting more of a pie crust smell but mostly smell apples and a bit of spices. Will see how it does, have tried a lot of apple scents and can't seem to find the perfect apple pie for me yet..

Winter Wonderland: WOWSERS....Reminds me of a cold winter day with snow falling on the ground..LOVE this one.

Cranberry Apple Marmalade: Scent is very true to its name, really like the smell OOB, hope it throws well.

Black Rasberry Vanilla: If you like BBW, you will LOVE this scent. Smells just like it.

Sugar Cookie: Not too strong OOB or when stirring with wax, hope it smells better after cured. I am trying to find a really strong Sugar Cookie scent because my WSP sugar cookie just wasn't strong enough for me.

With all that said, I am going to test all these scents in soy wax melts using only 6% FO load. Will let ya know the results.

Received the order today :) Ordered it Wednesday Feb 8th in evening, was shipped Thursday Feb 9th and received it Feb 13th USPS...only 4 day's including weekend so NOT BAD :)

OOB:

Cappuccino Hazelnut: A really nice, strong coffee note that I was looking for that Just Scent Capp Hazel lacked.

Country Berry Hotcakes: DELICIOUS is all I can say about this. Smells just like described only better. I love this one OOB.

Fresh Baked Pie Crust: It has a very soft scent to me OOB, hoping it is stronger in my soy wax melt.

Ocean: Has more of a perfume smell to me, was hoping for more of a salt smell but I am only drawn to baking smells so my opinion doesn't mean much on the scent to me..just doesn't smell like an ocean to me OOB...hopefully melting it in a wax melt will have different results! I still like it though, very strong and intense. I do not have any other Ocean FO to compare it to though.

Sweet Pumpkin Spice: This smell's more like a spiced cinnamon smell to me, not much pumpkin but I really like it. Could try to sell it all year long as a spiced scent since those seem to sell like hotcakes for me..we will see when it has cured if I get a lot of pumpkin.

Warm Apple Pie: Was wanting more of a pie crust smell but mostly smell apples and a bit of spices. Will see how it does, have tried a lot of apple scents and can't seem to find the perfect apple pie for me yet..

Winter Wonderland: WOWSERS....Reminds me of a cold winter day with snow falling on the ground..LOVE this one.

Cranberry Apple Marmalade: Scent is very true to its name, really like the smell OOB, hope it throws well.

Black Rasberry Vanilla: If you like BBW, you will LOVE this scent. Smells just like it.

Sugar Cookie: Not too strong OOB or when stirring with wax, hope it smells better after cured. I am trying to find a really strong Sugar Cookie scent because my WSP sugar cookie just wasn't strong enough for me.

With all that said, I am going to test all these scents in soy wax melts using only 6% FO load. Will let ya know the results.

For more of a "salty" water smell try ICS Cactus & Sea Salt. I have both and like them, but Peaks Ocean doesn't have as much salt to it.

For a really good spicy, strong apple pie try ICS Baked Apples or KY's (at AH/RE) Homemade apple pie. The scents are identical. They are not soap safe tho.

KY also have a very good sugar cookie if Peaks doesn't satisfy you.

Please let us know how your testing goes!

For more of a "salty" water smell try ICS Cactus & Sea Salt. I have both and like them, but Peaks Ocean doesn't have as much salt to it.

For a really good spicy, strong apple pie try ICS Baked Apples or KY's (at AH/RE) Homemade apple pie. The scents are identical. They are not soap safe tho.

KY also have a very good sugar cookie if Peaks doesn't satisfy you.

Please let us know how your testing goes!

I have never heard of ICS before, prices are really great!! THANK YOU

I like blending Ocean with a small amount of Freesia. Since it already has more of a floral note I like how the freesia brings that out and makes it a bit sweeter. The combo reminds me of walking down the coastal town of Laguna Beach smelling the salt air and beach homes garden flowers.

Edited by Candybee

I like blending Ocean with a small amount of Freesia. Since it already has more of a floral note I like how the freesia brings that out and makes it a bit sweeter. The combo reminds me of walking down the coastal town of Laguna Beach smelling the salt air and beach homes garden flowers.

"like" button

WOW Candybee! You just came up with a new FO! Lugana Beach!!

I have the ocean, now I'll have to get a sample of the freesia!

I know it is still too early but I went ahead and tested Country Berry Hotcakes after a 2 day cure in a wax melt and it is filling up my basement living room very nicely (usually don't get a good ht after 2 day's with other FO's). However, I am not smelling any type of baking scent like pancakes or Hotcakes in it. This smells very very similar to Candlescience FO called White Tea & Berries. I am still liking it but I get more of a berry smell than anything hotcakes....maybe needs some more maple syrup FO or something lol

I know it is still too early but I went ahead and tested Country Berry Hotcakes after a 2 day cure in a wax melt and it is filling up my basement living room very nicely (usually don't get a good ht after 2 day's with other FO's). However, I am not smelling any type of baking scent like pancakes or Hotcakes in it. This smells very very similar to Candlescience FO called White Tea & Berries. I am still liking it but I get more of a berry smell than anything hotcakes....maybe needs some more maple syrup FO or something lol

I understood that Peaks Country Berry Hotcakes was very close to CS Wildberry Mousse. Hmmm.... I'll have to get a sample for myself. I have both the CS oils, but neither sell that great. Haven't tried the new formulation of the White Tea & Berries.

Here is the descrption of Country Berry Hotcakes: Just like mouth watering, buttery hotcakes made perfectly with just the right amount of country berries and drizzled with syrup.

IMO the description is very misleading because there is no butter or syrup smell at all for me.....just smell's like berries. Hope after a week cure the syrup and butter notes come out lol

The Country Berry Hotcakes lasted 10 hours in my basement living room before I shut it off for night and I think that is very good for a 2 day cure! It wasn't overpowerfully strong like I prefer with melts but it is also only a 2 day cure so I am sure after a week it will be amazing! Nice berry smell for sure...just not sure I can sell it labeled anything hotcakes unless some butter/syrup notes come thru after curing. Very impressed over all though for a 2 day cure at 6%. I am sure it will still throw tomorrow after I plug the melter in for day 2 testing :)

My Test Results at 6% FO load in EL 100% Soy Wax Melts:

Ocean: 3.5

Fresh Baked Pie Crust: 1

Warm Apple Pie: 1

Sweet Pumpkin Spice: 1

Cappuccino Hazelnut: 1

Cranberry Apple Marmalade: 5

Winter Wonderland: 1

Country Berry Hotcakes: 1

Sugar Cookie: 1

I am going to try these FO's again but this time with 7% FO load....really hope I get a strong throw because I really like these scents..just didn't hardly throw at all in my wax with 6% (I usually use 8% but wanted to start at 6% with Peaks since I heard such great reviews about the strength of the oil's and needing less FO)

My Test Results at 6% FO load in EL 100% Soy Wax Melts:

Ocean: 3.5

Fresh Baked Pie Crust: 1

Warm Apple Pie: 1

Sweet Pumpkin Spice: 1

Cappuccino Hazelnut: 1

Cranberry Apple Marmalade: 5

Winter Wonderland: 1

Country Berry Hotcakes: 1

Sugar Cookie: 1

I am going to try these FO's again but this time with 7% FO load....really hope I get a strong throw because I really like these scents..just didn't hardly throw at all in my wax with 6% (I usually use 8% but wanted to start at 6% with Peaks since I heard such great reviews about the strength of the oil's and needing less FO)

When you say 6%, which measuring technique do you use: 15 oz plus 1 oz? or 16 oz plus 1 oz? (Some people subtract the weight of the FO from the wax before they add it, so when they say 6%, it's more like 7%, and that's what I've been doing lately.)

16 oz + 1oz FO. I use to do the other method but it is easier for me to just pour 16 oz wax and just add the 8% FO instead of subracting lol. So I guess my FO load may not be exactly 8% doing it this way, but I wont be advertising when I sell my % used.

16 oz + 1oz FO. I use to do the other method but it is easier for me to just pour 16 oz wax and just add the 8% FO instead of subracting lol. So I guess my FO load may not be exactly 8% doing it this way, but I wont be advertising when I sell my % used.

Thanks! I wondered because I've been testing Peak's FOs lately too. Right now I'm burning Peak's Peppermint Kiss in 6006 with a zinc wick, and it throws nicely, but it's not strong enough. I used 15 oz 6006, plus 1 oz FO. But, I made it last Thursday, so it's only been 5 days cure time, and maybe it'll get stronger.

16 oz wax & 1 oz FO= 5.88% FO