Tips for using MP in CP?

soycrazy

Ok so no gel. I'm glad you guys mentioned that, because even if I put my soap in the coldest room it will gel lol. Ocean did you get any sweating when you used those bases?

Jen set your molds outside. As cold as it is in Michigan that should keep them from gelling. I set my molds on our porch all the time when I am soaping and I don't want them to gel. Then once I fill them I put them back on the porch for a few hours.

Edited by Lorrie

I just did some soaps that have Alabama A's imbedded in the middle (the middle of the soap is totally mp) and used a goat milk formula to pour over and put mp shavings on the top. No problems with sweat but my little babies on top of my King Cake cupcakes do sweat and I clean them off with a fine small paint brush. I like mp and cp together in the tub, its the best of both worlds IMHO. You can create almost anything you're imagination comes up with.

Steve

Start with all kinds of silicone molds and don't count any of them out for useage. I poured up some large hearts and then cut them in half and placed one part with the point up and the top heart part next to it on top and they look so cool. I've been thinking of making lots of multi-colored thin strings and then layering them throughout the soap. Week-end soaping is here!

Steve