Can't Wait (First soap batch)

JanetsCandles

post-13471-139458493275_thumb.jpg

Oh, I am so not patient tonight with this! Been about 2 hours now since I poured it into the mold and swirled it. Cold process soap, very first batch. I scented it with Peak's Birthday Cake and used cocoa powder to color the brown swirlies. I know they don't look the greatest (some of you guys do a lot better, but hey, you've had more practice :D). Now to wait until I can demold the thing!

looks good. Because of the vanilla in the birthday cake fo the yellow part of the batch will likely discolor to anywhere from a light tan to a dark chocolate brown, so you may not end up being able to see your swirlies.

Some soapers do a blind swirl. Don't add the fo to the portion of the batch that you will use to swirl (maybe even add some TD) and then swirl. You won't be able to see the swirl until it appears as your soap with the vanilla fo in it begins to darken.

How long will it take to discolor? It darkened slightly when I added it to the batch yesterday, went from a very pale yellow to the color in the picture there. I haven't noticed a whole lot of darkening since then, as it was drying.

Probably two weeks to get as dark as it's going to get. Nice work!