I'm so pissed off C&S!!!!

jackbenimble

I just purchased a 10lb block of MP white base from C&S for testing and now they are out of all their bases except 3. I hear this happens alot and I'm sure they have stock coming in but why do they take all their bases down completely and not just say it out of stock or back ordered or they're making more. Oh well. I hope I don't have to find another supplier an retest.

Welcome to the wonderful world of C&S! Forever OOS of just what you need! I've been fighting this for years!! Its why I have tried and tested many bases from many suppliers. I still love C&S bases the best but am sick and tired of them being OOS all the time.

It helps if you can sub another base. If you like GM they may have white in stock then just add your own GM to the base. I enterchange many bases. They are all great. They are basically the exact same base with an additive to make them shea butter, or mango butter, or gm, etc. I just add my own additives.

But I have been buying my bases from EBC or The Chemistry Store when C&S is out.

Welcome to the wonderful world of C&S! Forever OOS of just what you need! I've been fighting this for years!! Its why I have tried and tested many bases from many suppliers. I still love C&S bases the best but am sick and tired of them being OOS all the time.

It helps if you can sub another base. If you like GM they may have white in stock then just add your own GM to the base. I enterchange many bases. They are all great. They are basically the exact same base with an additive to make them shea butter, or mango butter, or gm, etc. I just add my own additives.

But I have been buying my bases from EBC or The Chemistry Store when C&S is out.

Thank you both :-) I was just frustrated

Candybee-- I'm testing out your OM&H 2 recipe tonight and just happened to look on their site and noticed this. I was going to go with EBC originally but saw where you ally loved C&S bases more. So I changed my plan.

Can you tell I read everything you say! :-)

Perhaps I'll go back to the EBC plan

Right now I am working on my CP soap. I just get so tired of bases being out of stock, shipping prices going up, base prices going up through the roof, having to switch suppliers to find what I am looking for, inconsistent quality of bases, etc, etc, etc, ad nauseum.

Edited by Candybee

I use SFIC, usually buy in coops, saves me money on their great bases.

This is what I do too. I won't use any other base. I love CP and MP for many applications. My customers love both also.

I stopped ordering from C&S many years ago. They were one of my main suppliers. If they keep up this pace, they will be going under.