Black Oxide

Luci

I have been trying to use black oxide in my cp soaps for either thin black lines or black swirls. The soaps look great, but the black oxide stains washcloths. I've found that if I lower the amount of bo I get a grey that just kinda bleeds into the rest of the batter.

After a lot of searching, I read that some of you use charcoal. Do you have the staining problem with the charcoal? Do those of you who use the bo have staining problems?

I would give it up completely but have recently started using Little Black Dress from AH/RE and can't think of a better color combo than white with a little black line or whatever. :smiley2:

I didn't have a problem cleaning up after using the black oxide. I used stainless steel spoons and whisks and mixed in a glass bowl. However, the stains in my washcloths are still there even after using bleach. Ughh, what a mess and waste of ingredients, fo, and time for sure.

Thanks for the pointers on where to purchase the charcoal.

the best price I found and also where I ordered mine from. In fact I need to order more. I have found tons of uses for it and have gone through a pound all ready..

http://healingherbs.biz/products/charcoal.html

no offense to the other suppliers but at near $3 per ounce...that is outrageous it is almost $50 a pound. NUTS!

We could do a co-op if enough people need it and save even more. If we could get up to 12 pounds we could get it for $12.99 a pound............... I would host

Edited by tlc26

the best price I found and also where I ordered mine from. In fact I need to order more. I have found tons of uses for it and have gone through a pound all ready..

http://healingherbs.biz/products/charcoal.html

no offense to the other suppliers but at near $3 per ounce...that is outrageous it is almost $50 a pound. NUTS!

We could do a co-op if enough people need it and save even more. If we could get up to 12 pounds we could get it for $12.99 a pound............... I would host

I hope you have a mask and a great place out doors if you take on a co-op for that stuff, it can be MESSY!!! Everything around will be coated in charcoal powder that you may not even see, even your lungs. I would charge a lot as hostess. Just sayin'

I would have to write or call and check but I do believe they package the 12 pounds seperately. I wouldn't seperate it. I would ask you order by the pound but then you would end up paying shipping and it may just be cheaper to pay the $17.99 from them with free shipping.