Room Sprays - How do they sell?

blt212

I'm considering adding Room Sprays to my lineup. I would love to get some feedback on how they sell and in what size container. Also do you use the premade base and just add FO? I found some premade on Aroma Haven's site...other suggestions? I need to add another product like a hole in the head but I'd like to add a non-candle product for warmer months...

Thanks for the help!

I'm just venturing back into room sprays. I made up some earlier today using 91% alcohol & southern style vanilla fo in a 4 ounce bottle I used about 1 ounce of FO because I want it strong. I'm very impressed & pleased. It's crystal clear, no shaking the fo mixed well in the alcohol. I just sprizted a couple of sprays & it smells awesome. I'm going to continue using this method to make sure it mixes as well with other FO's. If this works out it cost me about 1.00 for a 16 ounce bottle alot cheaper than buying bases & paying shipping. IMHO

I'm just venturing back into room sprays. I made up some earlier today using 91% alcohol & southern style vanilla fo in a 4 ounce bottle I used about 1 ounce of FO because I want it strong. I'm very impressed & pleased. It's crystal clear, no shaking the fo mixed well in the alcohol. I just sprizted a couple of sprays & it smells awesome. I'm going to continue using this method to make sure it mixes as well with other FO's. If this works out it cost me about 1.00 for a 16 ounce bottle alot cheaper than buying bases & paying shipping. IMHO

Did you use 1 ounce FO in 16 oz of alcohol?

I want to know where you are getting FO that is less than $1 an ounce? You must live next door to a supplier.

oh, my bad...$1.00 for a 16 ounce bottle with 4 ounces of FO - that's under a quarter an ounce. hmmm

And, yes, spray that alcohol around a lit candle or while holding a cigarette and you could have trouble.

I want to know where you are getting FO that is less than $1 an ounce? You must live next door to a supplier.

oh, my bad...$1.00 for a 16 ounce bottle with 4 ounces of FO - that's under a quarter an ounce. hmmm

And, yes, spray that alcohol around a lit candle or while holding a cigarette and you could have trouble.

I didn't say $1 per ounce of fo & I didn't say a 16 ounce bottle with 4 ounces of fo either. I said I used 1 ounce of FO in a 4 ounce bottle with the 91% alcohol. I have purchased room spray "bases" before that smelled & looked like pure what is called "denatured alcohol" if any water is in it, it is very little. The $1.00 was for the 91% alcohol. I did go back and add water to this we'll see how it turns out.

Edited by ladysj

If this works out it cost me about 1.00 for a 16 ounce bottle alot cheaper than buying bases & paying shipping. IMHO

I think a few of us misunderstood this statement as meaning that it would cost you about $1.00 to make a 16-oz bottle of room spray (including 1 ounce of FO for every 3 ounces of alcohol). That's the way I read it originally, too, but I now think you were saying that the 16-oz bottle of alcohol only cost you about $1.00. Is that correct?

I think a few of us misunderstood this statement as meaning that it would cost you about $1.00 to make a 16-oz bottle of room spray (including 1 ounce of FO for every 3 ounces of alcohol). That's the way I read it originally, too, but I now think you were saying that the 16-oz bottle of alcohol only cost you about $1.00. Is that correct?

I believe that's what she meant.... $1.00 for the 16 oz bottle of alcohol

I just checked out the candlemaker's store...Faerywren, are you referring to the Body Splash Base?? If so, I assume it can be used for both Room Spray and Body Sprays if the FO is skin safe??

Thank you

If you search room spray on their site, it will bring up a room spray kit and they use the body splash as the base. So my understanding of this is yes it can be used as both but only as a body spray if the FO is safe on skin.

I just checked out the candlemaker's store...Faerywren, are you referring to the Body Splash Base?? If so, I assume it can be used for both Room Spray and Body Sprays if the FO is skin safe??

Thank you

Yep, that's the stuff. You use a lower % fragrance load for a body spray, but I use the base exclusively for room spray.

I love, love, love the candlemaker's store!

I make my own from scratch, they are not fabulous sellers but they do sell. I don't use alcohol in my formula.

Would you be willing to share your recipe? or do you purchase a premixed base. I would prefer not to use alcohol in mine.

Edited by rctfavr3