Triple Wicked 38oz-Need Opinions Please

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are looking to quad wick I would suggest eco 2's I don't really think you need to quad wick them. I think 4x eco 4's will be very warm. Probably throw really well but have a lot of flickering/mushrooming and maybe some wisps of smoke after a while.

If you are looking to quad wick I would suggest eco 2's I don't really think you need to quad wick them. I think 4x eco 4's will be very warm. Probably throw really well but have a lot of flickering/mushrooming and maybe some wisps of smoke after a while.

Thanks for the suggestion of the ECO-2s. I like how they work in my 4 inch apoth. which I double wick.

Is that with your 4630 or 464? With 464 I did well with eco 8 or 10, sometimes up to 12 with some FO with 464. 4630 I doubled eco 2's or 4's.

The ECO-2 double wick was with 4630. They did very well until the end when they faded a little but certainly the best results so far. In 464, two CD-5s or CD-6s work well.

The ECO-2 double wick was with 4630. They did very well until the end when they faded a little but certainly the best results so far. In 464, two CD-5s or CD-6s work well.

rjdaines....did you have good HT with the ECO's using 4630? They are my favorite wick but am finding some paraffins just aren't playing well with them for HT.

rjdaines....did you have good HT with the ECO's using 4630? They are my favorite wick but am finding some paraffins just aren't playing well with them for HT.

I did have a good HT and a good MP, these are the first wicks that actually worked it the second half of the candle, all the other wicks I tested became feeble and drowned out. So I have no alternative at this point.

I did have a good HT and a good MP, these are the first wicks that actually worked it the second half of the candle, all the other wicks I tested became feeble and drowned out. So I have no alternative at this point.

Good News....that is you and PamW both having good results with Eco in that wax. Don't have any left but will order another slab, put Eco's in and hope that will be the end of all this testing to get back to selling once again. Eco's did very well for me in 415 years ago so even if I decide to add some soy to 4630 it sounds as if they should all play well together. Thanks both for your input :)

Yeppers I will! I'm done with 4627 & working with 4630 & CBL125 & soys. Actually getting somewhere at last! I might even take some pics & ask for advice.

ksranch: :whoohoo:

Chandler.....need some Eco's for testing the 4630? I have hundreds.... can send some if you would like :)

Send it all, please! My stuff isn't working! It must be broken. The HTPs in the 4630 & CBL125 are either sooting, dancing or drowning! Too ashamed to take pics!

Yeppers....new day and I have to report the HTPs are not getting it in the paraffins I'm working with either. They perform really well until like the 3rd burn then all heck breaks loose. Wicking down changes nothing except achieving a tunnel. Good HT though :confused:

Edited by jeanie353
additional

Thanks so much for that suggestion, I was simply going to use a fourth ECO4, I will change that thought now and maybe do (2) more, one with ECO2's and pick a CD wick to test (quad) too

Edited by sisters3

Yeppers....new day and I have to report the HTPs are not getting it in the paraffins I'm working with either. They perform really well until like the 3rd burn then all heck breaks loose. Wicking down changes nothing except achieving a tunnel. Good HT though :confused:

I'm so glad I'm not alone! That's my experience with HTPs in 4627 too. For the life of me, I can't figure out why IGI recommends HTPs for best results in 4627. I'm switching to zincs. I know they'll work. I'll use regular zincs, but if I need an in-between size, I'll try a low smoke zinc because I've heard they burn a bit hotter and can be good for in-between.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there!! I know that you DO have a good idea :) We signed up for a wholesale account with a Texas company that maufactures recycled glass into candle containers. I did a ton of research first to be sure they are safe, all checked out and people LOVE the idea of recycled glass containers. This size actually was actually on clearance so we bought several and hope they will be popular. We're done testing, I think, and would like to debut them at our show March 10th. They sure can handle the heat!! The HT is wonderful, this one is our home brew for "peppermint patty" They also have beautiful colored containers and we love them because we do not color our wax, so the pure white looks super!

You know Tracey, I don't know how, but we figure it out. We have learned to schedule "pours" so that I am not tempted to head to our workshop in the evening, its tough though! I'll be on the road all next week AGAIN but that's ok because it keeps me from be tempted to burn the newbies too early :) They call these containers "chunk" and they sure are thick. I love their colored cubes, here they are:

post-13884-139458493464_thumb.jpg

Edited by sisters3

Looks good, so let's have some details: where did the container come from, what size is it, what wax are wicks are you using; inquiring minds would like to know. :)

Thank you! OK, the container is the "chunk" container from Couronne (recycled glass wholesaler) out of Texas, 38oz, GB464, (4) ECO 4's (the only ECO wick we use, all others are CD) So far I can pick the container up and move it without feeling any heat, so that pleases me!