Triple Wicked 38oz-Need Opinions Please

You know Tracey, I don't know how, but we figure it out. We have learned to schedule "pours" so that I am not tempted to head to our workshop in the evening, its tough though! I'll be on the road all next week AGAIN but that's ok because it keeps me from be tempted to burn the newbies too early :) They call these containers "chunk" and they sure are thick. I love their colored cubes, here they are:

Those are really cute jars. Reminds me of the top of crock jars. Do you get to visit any candle suppliers in your travels?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm beginning to like ECO wicks, so more testing is in my future. :D

Funny you should say that. Through our testing we have found that the ECO wicks burn much hotter, at least in our wax, so for the hard to wick containers that could use a smaller wick with a little extra push we test ECO wicks. I'm having a tough time with the 16 oz apothocary and we really want to single wick, we MAY test an ECO, we'll see. First want to test a CD20 or 22 and see what happens.

Tracey, I really like them as well and they give some color to our candles. Actually I do get to visit Candles and Supplies from time to time, it is located near our corporate offices. Have you ever gone to one? Its crazy, I was in there for 2 hours!!!!!

Edited by sisters3

Funny you should say that. Through our testing we have found that the ECO wicks burn much hotter, at least in our wax, so for the hard to wick containers that could use a smaller wick with a little extra push we test ECO wicks. I'm having a tough time with the 16 oz apothocary and we really want to single wick, we MAY test an ECO, we'll see. First want to test a CD20 or 22 and see what happens.

I'll guess that your 16 oz apoth is about the same diameter as my 8 oz apoth, singling wicking was a disaster in terms of soot but what did work were 2 ECO 2s.

I'll guess that your 16 oz apoth is about the same diameter as my 8 oz apoth, singling wicking was a disaster in terms of soot but what did work were 2 ECO 2s.

As I recall you use GB464 as well, right? May I ask if you tried a CD single wick? Was it with an ECO or CD single that you got the soot? I do find that with the "softness" of GB464 that I have a very high rate of "cleanup/catch up" on subsequent burns, so I was really hoping that we could get this single wicked. Thank you!