Glass Glow Instructions

Has anyone ever done GG only heating it to 150°-160°?

"This vegetable blend product is used for container candles. It has a glasglow finish. This vegetable blend product comes in flaked form. It has a melt point of 150-160 degrees and will hold good amount of fragrance oil. This product has a good cold scent throw. It is recommended you heat this product to 150-160 degrees. Remove from the heat and add your fragrance and dye and stir until completely blended. Allow candles to cool at room temperatured. DO NOT FORCE COOL. "

Does anyone have the IGI instructions for Glass Glow, which includes the temp to heat to, temp to pour at, etc..If so, can you PM me with it? thx

There's a lot of good info about GG wax on here if you search. There's some important stuff about getting rid of dangerous air bubbles that form around the wick by either wrecking the tops, or turning them upside down on a rack after the top hardens over.

When I asked <my former supplier> about their instructions for the GG temps (as a prelude to possibly asking about a palm issue I've been having), he got super defensive and said that their recommendations were also IGI's recommendations and that with 30 years in business, their recommendation "doesn't need argued with". He said they would never recommend anyone heat "a veggie wax" that high because it would scorch the wax. Then I was invited to take my business elsewhere. (my thoughts exactly.) And the icing on the cake was "Whatever lady, you are crazy". Nothing I said was cross, out of line or rude. I was just puzzled at their instructions, in that they were different than most others for GG. Which made me wonder if I was doing something wrong when making them.

So, I spoke with IGI today...and she supplied me with the product information sheet that I had asked my supplier for & did not get. & IGI does not recommend pouring at 150°-160°. IGI says 180°-210°, which is how I always thought everyone did it.

So, there ya go. On to a new supplier; I have no tolerance for bad customer service.

There are several candle makers here who use GG palm. I heat mine to 195-200 degrees F before adding scent and dye. I typically pour at 195. You want to pour hot and cool slowly and evenly. Thats the trick to getting great crystal patterns.

Sure you can heat to 160 and pour at 150-160 degrees. But it will effect the crystal patterns.

Aztec is full of it. They have the wrong instructions for heating. IGI's are correct. I think Candles and Supplies are similar to IGI. CS used to sell gg and when they did their instructions were the same as IGI's too.

Even if Aztec was right, which they weren't, they should never have spoken to you the way they did. I'm glad you reported it. Hopefully they will read this thread and learn something.

Peaks directions for GG are the same as IGI's also. Can't believe a supplier would treat a customer like that in today's economy. Some one should email them the link to this thread!!

Evidently they don't care....

Am glad you posted about your experience with them. They were on my list of suppliers to try for some spring scents beginning next month based on a couple reviews of their FOs. Customer service to me and my fellow candle makers is important. Will now give my business to someone else.....even if I am only a small buyer and they won't miss my money, its the principle of the whole thing to me.

I hope you enjoy working with GG. I do love it but am having just a little bit of trouble keeping the flame on my wick down. Will keep working with it because the HT is worth it. I've tried cooling upside down and wrecking the tops. Just need a little more practice on my end to get rid of those air pockets.

I did heat to 195-200, added FO, unplugged Presto, stirred about 1 minute, into pour pot and straight into jars. Makes a beautiful candle.

GL

Forgot...added dye then FO

Edited by jeanie353

Jeanie, I think that if enough "small buyers" quit purchasing from them, it will hurt them in the end. There is power in numbers :wink2:.

Am glad you posted about your experience with them. They were on my list of suppliers to try for some spring scents beginning next month based on a couple reviews of their FOs. Customer service to me and my fellow candle makers is important. Will now give my business to someone else.....even if I am only a small buyer and they won't miss my money, its the principle of the whole thing to me.

I hope you enjoy working with GG. I do love it but am having just a little bit of trouble keeping the flame on my wick down. Will keep working with it because the HT is worth it. I've tried cooling upside down and wrecking the tops. Just need a little more practice on my end to get rid of those air pockets.

I did heat to 195-200, added FO, unplugged Presto, stirred about 1 minute, into pour pot and straight into jars. Makes a beautiful candle.

GL

Forgot...added dye then FO

Jeanie, I think that if enough "small buyers" quit purchasing from them, it will hurt them in the end. There is power in numbers :wink2:.

I think you have a good point there. There are plenty of suppliers around where we are treated with respect no matter how small our purchases are. Peak and CS send my order out lightning fast whether I have a $25 order or a $200 order.

Well, after sending an email to them backing up what I said, in black & white from IGI, I get yet another email from (practicing MASSIVE restraint here on what I want to call him), he said:

"I talked with IGI myself and got the recomendation. Please do not email us again."

Maybe he had a dream he talked to IGI and they gave him temps that differ from their product sheet..........

I CANNOT STAND SHITTY CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Well, after sending an email to them backing up what I said, in black & white from IGI, I get yet another email from (practicing MASSIVE restraint here on what I want to call him), he said:

"I talked with IGI myself and got the recomendation. Please do not email us again."

Maybe he had a dream he talked to IGI and they gave him temps that differ from their product sheet..........

I CANNOT STAND SHITTY CUSTOMER SERVICE.

That is crazy. I know you don't want to give names and don't expect you to but who do they have working the phones? Geesh...I'd think they would have someone with some PR class.

Exactly my thought, Jeanie :highfive:.

Beth, there must be a phone number on their website. Give them a call and ask to speak to the owner, if possible. Don't waste your time with that rude punk!:angry2:

That is crazy. I know you don't want to give names and don't expect you to but who do they have working the phones? Geesh...I'd think they would have someone with some PR class.

Exactly my thought, Jeanie :highfive:.

Beth, there must be a phone number on their website. Give them a call and ask to speak to the owner, if possible. Don't waste your time with that rude punk!:angry2:

I'm guessing you-know-who would intercept the phone call too..........