Cremains Candle

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone would the balls to put my remains in a candle, I guaran-damn-to-you I'd haunt your arse for eternity......when I'm dead, just let me rest in piece.

The great stereo in my head is playing a sound loop of

"You light up my (after) life...":laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I can see it now... crowds of demonstrators yelling...

"H*LL NO! WE WON"T GLOW!!!" :rockon:

*slaps self for hysteria*

I think it is a unique and creative idea. I, personally, would like my remains to be placed in a firework and set off on my birthday, or placed in a block of cement to place in the ocean to create coral reefs. I also have seen remains made into "diamonds". To each their own.

Now, those are ideas I would support. The fireworks sounds like a good way to go out with a BANG! and coral reef things sound like a very peaceful and serene way to spend eternity. As far as the diamond, with my luck I would be lost then eaten by a dog and crapped out near a crack house and spend eternity being passed on from babies mama to babies mama. Sorry! Couldn't resist! Still think the candle thing is very creepy!

I, personally, would like my remains to be placed in a firework and set off on my birthday, or placed in a block of cement to place in the ocean to create coral reefs. I also have seen remains made into "diamonds". To each their own.

I like all of those ideas - but none of them require viewing the cremains... I don't want to be made into a diamond, though - with my luck some crackhead would probably steal me and I'd end up in a pawn shop or on the finger of a pimp somewhere...

Have you seen the wonderful underwater museum off the coast of Mexico? Now THAT would be mondo cool to be cast into one of the statues and left down there to grow algae and coral and tubeworms...

MUSA Museo Subacuático de Arte

http://www.underwatersculpture.com/index.asp

Edited by Stella1952

The theme from Psycho keeps going through my mind! Eek eek eek eek! What next? I want to display grandma by wax dipping her dead body and sticking a lovely decorative candle on her head and sitting her on the fireplace mantle! WOW I think your potential customer needs psychiatric care. lol

I would never entertain the idea of handling someones "cremains". It's just not right IMHO. I would kindly tell this person that there are better options out there for cremains...people who specialize in that sort of thing and leave it at that. I certainly wouldn't be trying to figure out a way to

do it...that's for sure. It is just all around ICKY! Handling cremains of a loved one should be handled by those who have experience with that

sort of thing. No offense Eric, but I would tell this customer to look online and check out the things you can do that don't involve you and steer away from this. But, you do what you want lol.

As a side note...when I used to deliver mail...we would occassionally get cremains. I NEVER delivered them. They come registered mail and the customer is called to pick them up...which is the respectful way to handle them.

Edited by debratant

As a side note...when I used to deliver mail...we would occassionally get cremains. I NEVER delivered them. They come registered mail and the customer is called to pick them up...which is the respectful way to handle them.

My mail carrier did her job and delivered the cremains to me. We had a wonderful conversation about her late great loved ones, I gave her a candle and some soap. Glad she was a professional. It was far nicer to handle this in my driveway as expected than in the post office. I adore her!

Here is a perfect example of expressing an opinion & then slyly knocking someone else's statement. "The mail carrier wasn't doing her job?" Unprofessional? This isn't personal? BS! When is insulting someone not personal?

Have them sent to the funeral home where the "Professionals" work & pick them up when you're able to deal with the shock of seeing your loved one in a box. DB

Edited by ChandlerWicks

My mail carrier did her job and delivered the cremains to me. We had a wonderful conversation about her late great loved ones, I gave her a candle and some soap. Glad she was a professional. It was far nicer to handle this in my driveway as expected than in the post office. I adore her!

I did my job very well for 18 years until I retired last year. Delivering cremains in the mail truck was NOT allowed at our office. The postmaster handled it by calling the customer to either pick them up or he would run them out to them. Most of the time HE made the delivery. I had 800 deliveries on my route. Driving around with cremains in the back of a mail truck for hours until I reached the cremains destination just wasn't done in our office on any route. But kudo's to your carrier for doing her job stella LOL.

Chandler...I thought the comment was quite rude myself LOL. Odd...as I've never had a run in with Stella before ( I stay out of those topics lol)...so was a bit shocked at that snarky comment coming from her.

I'm "sure" stella was not implying that I didn't do my job, or wasn't a professional...right stella? :P

I know I don't have to read this thread, but OMG please hurry up & finish. I try to bypass, but it just keeps jumping out at me. The customer must be in such severe pain to even imagine something like this.

lol, I keep waiting for it to go away, too, but for a different reason.

When a customer asks for something stupid or just plain something I don't do or don't want to fool with, I just say, "NO, I don't make those." Sometimes I laugh first. Sometimes I wait for the customer to leave before I laugh.

Nancy Reagan was right. Just Say No. I've never understood the need to make something because someone else thinks it's a good idea.

LMAO!!

"I know I don't have to read this thread, but OMG please hurry up & finish. I try to bypass, but it just keeps jumping out at me. The customer must be in such severe pain to even imagine something like this."

"If anyone would the balls to put my remains in a candle, I guaran-damn-to-you I'd haunt your arse for eternity......when I'm dead, just let me rest in piece. "

I saw the cremains. Very finely ground. Just a small sprinkle of mom and dad is enough for a forever candle. Personally, I think it can be done tastefully and I wouldn't mind at all if someone did that to me. I have a different outlook on life. Once the body is left behind, I really don't give a hoot what happens to it. The idea of the candle is respectful.

I appreciate the thoughts, it did help me focus on what NOT to do. (no wick) I spoke with the person enough to feel comfortable that there are no mental issues, but there is clearly a grief process right now so I'll wait a bit and see what happens.

Edited by EricofAZ

Just a curious question, I just have to ask. So those who are cremated or want to be, do they believe in the great resurrection? Do they think cremation is a way to avoid the great resurrection? Just wondering... while were on this topic.

Edited by IwantItgreen

I'm "sure" stella was not implying that I didn't do my job, or wasn't a professional...right stella?
No, I wasn't implying anything of the sort and I am sorry if you inferred my remarks as some sort of aspersion on your professionalism as a mail carrier. I was simply sharing my experience and how much it meant to me. Your post office apparently does things differently from the one that serves my area. The company with which I dealt mailed the cremains by registered, certified mail directly to me. A funeral home was not involved. My carrier had delivered many such packages, so she was very understanding and kind as I signed the paperwork and chatted with her. She remembered my loved one and was very warm during an understandably emotional mail transaction. It was far less stressful for me than if I had had to schlep down to the post office to pick them up. I so appreciated her personal touch!
So those who are cremated or want to be, do they believe in the great resurrection? Do they think cremation is a way to avoid the great resurrection? Just wondering...
Cremation does not interfere in any way with my personal spiritual beliefs. Edited by Stella1952

That's very kind & thoughtful of you to wait, Eric.

I saw the cremains. Very finely ground. Just a small sprinkle of mom and dad is enough for a forever candle. Personally, I think it can be done tastefully and I wouldn't mind at all if someone did that to me. I have a different outlook on life. Once the body is left behind, I really don't give a hoot what happens to it. The idea of the candle is respectful.

I appreciate the thoughts, it did help me focus on what NOT to do. (no wick) I spoke with the person enough to feel comfortable that there are no mental issues, but there is clearly a grief process right now so I'll wait a bit and see what happens.

No thought on that at all. Just want my loved ones with me & not in the ground. Not trying to be disrespectful to ground/vault burials.

Just a curious question, I just have to ask. So those who are cremated or want to be, do they believe in the great resurrection? Do they think cremation is a way to avoid the great resurrection? Just wondering... while were on this topic.

Yes, I felt it was also. I realize forums are for speaking our thoughts & opinions, but we need to be more careful with our words. If I write something nasty, I mean it. No doubt at all. I have learned so much from this forum, especially from Stella's writings. But the sugar given with a dose of arsenic is unacceptable. I wish it would stop, so I can continue to learn & have fun. Leave the mean out, please & I will also. Those that write they don't see this type of behavior going on or to just ignore it, obviously haven't been stung by it yet.

Chandler...I thought the comment was quite rude myself LOL. Odd...as I've never had a run in with Stella before ( I stay out of those topics lol)...so was a bit shocked at that snarky comment coming from her.

I'm "sure" stella was not implying that I didn't do my job, or wasn't a professional...right stella? :P

Edited by ChandlerWicks
Making sure I'm careful!

My husband and I will both be cremated, in my pottery class I have made a pot with a lid that our ashes will both be put in, then the pot can be glazed and so sealed when it is glaze fired. The kids can keep us, or bury us, it will be up to them.

I guess it would be nice to have a pot with a lid but so a small candle could be fit onto the top and burned in a remembrance way. That way the ashes are there, a candle is there, but the ashes aren't' on display. I think that might be a little morbid.

As for cremation, I have told my kids that I don't want perfectly good farm land wasted on my body. I will be done with it by that time. That is how I believe.

Tami :)

That is perfect to me!

We recently attended a very difficult memorial (infant) and the parents chose to not only have the urn, but a small tasteful pendant necklace for each of them with a bit of the cremains sealed in the pendant lockets to wear next to their hearts , just another idea to throw out to you all....

We recently attended a very difficult memorial (infant) and the parents chose to not only have the urn, but a small tasteful pendant necklace for each of them with a bit of the cremains sealed in the pendant lockets to wear next to their hearts , just another idea to throw out to you all....

IMO...That was a beautiful, sacred, very personal choice.