Manually Process Cards?

kssoaper

Just wondering....with web orders slowing down - - it just kills me to pay the monthly fees associated with processing cc's through a payment gateway on my website. I know, it's the most secure way to handle customer's cc info but am wondering if anyone out there receives an order then processes the payment manually (like with Square).....we do not have random employees/people who would have access to cc info...

Any thoughts on this?

This has been my concern too. Biz is slow now and rarely any orders during this time of year. But my website also processes my craft show and farmers market sales or any sale I post manually thru my website. So its not just for website sales its for all my sales.

We use our IPad and Square for craft shows and 'off-site' sales..... Authorize.net for our web sales....I did call and get off of 'paper statement' which saved $5.00 - - but it seems the fees are just piling up...like everything else I guess :o\

Since I use propay for everything, my website is set up to accept CC's. I get half of the number through an email and the other half comes through the website order so it is secure. I manually enter everything into propay. Works for me. I manually enter everything from shows when I get home. I work small markets and rural mostly and have never had a problem doing it this way. Most times the phone reception is spotty and other vendors have to go outside to get reception. I work alone so that is not an option for me. I am old fashioned in that sense but it works.

Since I use propay for everything, my website is set up to accept CC's. I get half of the number through an email and the other half comes through the website order so it is secure. I manually enter everything into propay. Works for me. I manually enter everything from shows when I get home. I work small markets and rural mostly and have never had a problem doing it this way. Most times the phone reception is spotty and other vendors have to go outside to get reception. I work alone so that is not an option for me. I am old fashioned in that sense but it works.

This is how mine works also. Never had a problem, and only have the propay fees.

I use ProPay to process my website orders (I use Mal's Cart) and Square for shows and local sales where I can swipe the card.

With Mal's Cart you can't require the 3 digit code and this is needed to process payments with Square manually (or I just haven't figured out how to do it without it). :confused:

Since you can't write down the 3 digit code from someones card to manually process later I use both.

ProPay uses the zip code and doesn't need the 3 digit code so if I'm at a show that I can't get reception I still have my "knuckle buster" for backup. Then I enter it manually into ProPay when I get home.

Never had a problem with ProPay in 4 years or with Square (been using about 8 months).

Without going to their website - I think Square charges close to 3% for a manually entered card (?) - - After I figure up all the expenses involved with having a payment gateway, etc. my total cost is right around 4%....I don't know if it's worth messing with for the difference in cost... maybe I should check and verify Square's fee; then there's the PCI Compliance which I don't think I'd have any problem with - BUT- I'd have to have anyone ever think it was my fault their info was stolen.................

Judy

I have manually entered card #'s using my square at shows that I couldn't get a data connection. IMO even at 3% it is MUCH cheaper for me than when I had Authorize.net because I don't have the monthly fees. For my website I just have paypal as an option now, but I don't do alot in websales anyway.