swirl soap how to?

ksranch

I thought I had a thread bookmarked that had a link on how to do the swirl technique and I don't - been searching forever - does anyone have a link? My DH made me some wood molds and I ordered 10 lbs of base... I gotta try and make some of those awesome looking soaps you all do...

TIA

It's a different kind of swirl - you can do an ITP swirl or you can pour some of the mix into the mold, and then pour some of a different color into that - just gotta get the right temps. Sometimes M&P swirling looks like tie-dye.

Do a search in the B&B Gallery 'M&P swirl' - there are some older pics posted for your viewing pleasure

Edited by Pam W

The pics of the swirled MP soap I have done were made with lots of practice and trial & error. I followed SoapQueen's blog video post on MP swirling and tweaked it from there.

http://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-body-tutorials/melt-and-pour-soap/soap-queen-episode-3-swirling-2/

You're going to need both clear & white soap base to use the above vid tutorial.

The pics of the swirled MP soap I have done were made with lots of practice and trial & error. I followed SoapQueen's blog video post on MP swirling and tweaked it from there.

http://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-body-tutorials/melt-and-pour-soap/soap-queen-episode-3-swirling-2/

You're going to need both clear & white soap base to use the above vid tutorial.

Thanks so much! I'll check this out tomorrow! Hopefully, with lots and lots of practice I can produce something 1/2 as good as yours look one day!! :bliss:

Thanks so much! I'll check this out tomorrow! Hopefully, with lots and lots of practice I can produce something 1/2 as good as yours look one day!! :bliss:

The trick is in the timing when pouring the layers. I use a wooden mold and it holds about 2 pounds of soap. I tried the smaller silicone molds and I get better results with the lined wooden mold. You can experiment with your layers, try different utensils to swirl, or try pouring the colored clear base and white base at the same time when you pour the layer. The possibilities with swirls are endless.

Good luck! I can't wait to see pics of your creations!

A very important thing to do when you want to swirl in M&P is to use nonbleeding soap dye. If you don't the colors eventually bleed, fade, blend together, mingle, etc. TKB trading has nonbleed soap dyes. Good luck and don't forget to post pics!

BTW Pam W those are awesome soapies!

I use a wooden mold and it holds about 2 pounds of soap.

Where did you get your wooden mold? I've seen those bigger plastic ones but is there a reason you like the wooden ones?

Pardon me but I'm a soap newbie.

Where did you get your wooden mold? I've seen those bigger plastic ones but is there a reason you like the wooden ones?

Pardon me but I'm a soap newbie.

I was looking for a smaller loaf mold since I make small batches of soap, specifically for craft shows. So I was looking for a 2lb to 3lb mold. I've not used the acrylic molds, I used silicone molds before I bought the wooden one. I got my wooden mold at this site - http://www.soap-making-resource.com/wooden-soap-molds.html

I was looking for a smaller loaf mold since I make small batches of soap, specifically for craft shows. So I was looking for a 2lb to 3lb mold. I've not used the acrylic molds, I used silicone molds before I bought the wooden one. I got my wooden mold at this site - http://www.soap-making-resource.com/wooden-soap-molds.html

Yep, that's the one I was going to buy - till my DH said he could build me one for next to nothing (he has scrap wood from his projects).. unfortunately, I'm still waiting!!! :waiting: