Need a replacement for Vervaine Olive Blossom

Barbara, we call it Olive Blossom or Tea Olive down where my grandparents are from in south Bama. It is my favorite scent in the entire universe. I've tried BCN's OB and it sells well and to me is nice but it doesn't smell like the "bush" / "tree" that grows down there. Was wondering if you had smelled the real bush flowers ( teeny tiny little whiteish yellow flowers ) and if the oil you suggest smells more like that.

olive Blossom is not the same as Tea Olive I thought they were called Sweet Olive

yes I have 3 of those bushes in my yard they are Sweet Olive Bushes Called Osmanthus if you look for Osmanthus you will find the true fragrance I forget you carries this fragrance but it is a beautiful fragrance. I just did a search for this fragrance and Sweet has the best Osmanthus.

yes they are Tea Olive (Osmanthus) is what they are called I had to Google it.

Edited by Barbara AL

I figured you would know what I was talking about :) I literally could live outside day and night when those things are blooming :) I was so hoping to find that scent. Im not real up on all these 100s of suppliers, who is Sweet? ( please dont tell me its that one that has 45.00 a pound fos LOL )

I am sorry I got in a hurry it is Sweet Cakes sorry I went back to read my post.

http://www.sweetcakes.com/product_info.php?cPath=7&products_id=365

Edited by Barbara AL

Candy, if they could bottle the REAL scent of this stuff, I'd OD on just sniffing the bottle! Just to tell you how complex it is :

It's sophisticated, it's old fashioned, it's high fashion. It's perfumey and powdery , but it's not. It's sweet and soft, but not cloyingly sweet.

The one thing I do know is this... if you ever have the chance to smell the real deal, the real bush, in bloom... you can go 40 years and never smell it again, and the minute you do, you will remember exactly what that scent is.

A lot of it is found in the south, at very old homesteads. I've lived in four houses in the south that had them there when I moved in, and each time, there was one planted at the kitchen window, and one beside the porch. The breeze will waft the scent around and I would just go around with my nose in the air sniffing like a bloodhound LOL.

Barbara you were talking about the magnolia.. I think its kind of a magnolia, jasmine, orange bloosom note ( at least Im picking up some jasmine in it lol )

Edited by blacktieaffair

• 1 month later...

Yowza. I bought 8 oz last spring and didn't soap it until fall to use for some Christmas presents. I have had so many recipients ask me for it in a spray, lotion, more soap, you name it. I haven't had a chance to look but know that $45 lb is out of my league.

BTW--it's been a few years, but how does the Andalusian Olive Blossom from I think AH compare?

Edited by Luci