wouldnt you know it.............the fig and melon from Berts ended up being strong!

leenabug

Im really slow about testing all my new bottles of oils from a supplier and wouldnt you know it that I just tested a STRONG melon (melons are usually soft scents in my candles:464 wax)....and it turns out to be the fig & melon from Berts...........and they outta business now!.......................:( double phooey.......phooey

the mint chocolate is really good as well.....but then Ive never tested a bad chocolate so Im not gonna cry over this one.........but I will cry over the fig & melon:(

yeah and I did some of it in melts for Christmas and now I have a customer that has called back wanting another batch of it. I have 8oz left so I guess I can do several more batches in melts. Then I'll have to start looking for another melon somewhere........ What surprised me out it how strong it was in a candle.....so unusual for a melon.....wonder if that fig is what bumped it up there? know of any other strong melons?

yeah and I did some of it in melts for Christmas and now I have a customer that has called back wanting another batch of it. I have 8oz left so I guess I can do several more batches in melts. Then I'll have to start looking for another melon somewhere........ What surprised me out it how strong it was in a candle.....so unusual for a melon.....wonder if that fig is what bumped it up there? know of any other strong melons?

This is what I don't understand: Bert's would have bought that melon from an FO manufacturer, right? And the manufacturers sell their FOs to more than one supplier, so why would Bert's FOs just disappear and not be found anymore? Wouldn't other suppliers have them? And why didn't Bert's tell her customers where they could find her FOs instead of just leaving them hanging and hurting them in business? If you emailed or called her, would she tell you where to get those FOs? I just can't imagine anyone messing up their customers, who might have an entire line of candles and soaps based on her scents, without telling them where to replace those FOs.

Edited by HorsescentS

those exact scents may not be available elsewhere - they may be available from a manufacturer but not necessarily bought by another supplier. suppliers often have exclusive rights to fragrance formulations (at least until they are duplicated)

bert has invested a significant amount of $ in finding them and testing them

despite how incredibly nice and kind she is, it's a business

if she is able to get back into business, she'll need to still own that information

going out of business is not something she did on a whim - it was a very hard decision, I'm sure

those exact scents may not be available elsewhere - they may be available from a manufacturer but not necessarily bought by another supplier. suppliers often have exclusive rights to fragrance formulations (at least until they are duplicated)

bert has invested a significant amount of $ in finding them and testing them

despite how incredibly nice and kind she is, it's a business

if she is able to get back into business, she'll need to still own that information

going out of business is not something she did on a whim - it was a very hard decision, I'm sure

I just hope she's able to go back into business before I run out of Redwood & Cedar! I've tried so many looking for a replacement...none can compare to hers. Oh how I miss her and her oils :(

i agree fig & melon has a very strong HT..

Along with a lot of her other scents..

I will, and i am already missing her oils..

I also believe that Bert went out of business, because her supplier also went out of business.

she told me, she learned a hard lesson, that she should not have had so many of her fo's coming from the same supplier..

but she was always so careful of trying to keep her prices down, and her supplier had great prices..

she was a great person..

when I first started testing her oils it was in the summer time and with the air conditioning going I got so so results. Then when fall came everything suddenly seemed to get alot stronger. weird huh. I cant figure out how that works, but something about my air conditioning completely discourages me from testing. I think that happened the year b4 too. So far the only one that I didnt like was Figgy Pear. I cant for the life of me figure out what it smells like but it is sickenly sweet! Maybe she will be able to start back up. The mint chocolate, fig & melon and redwood & cedar woulda been keepers for me........and I hadnt even tried a fifth of her stuff!.....................

This candle business for me is getting tougher.I took a break this year but have a few online sales.Problem is alot are scents from Bert's.I got them from her.Pumpkin Custard Spice and Lemon Biscotti.I will do a seach online but seems I found both once but from 2 different suppliers.That stinks.

Anyone know where I can get these 2 scents?? I know most of my customers and they will be patient.I told them it is rougher now when you have a supplier or suppliers like me who have gone out of business.

Lynn Smith