Mini muffin mold tarts question

CandleMakinCutiePie

I started out doing it that way for testers and some to sell. For the ones I sold, I just put them in a polypro candy bag, stacked them 3 or 4 to a bag, tied with a ribbon and had my card punched and ran through the ribbon. I love how they looked but my only concern ( and why I stopped doing them like that ) was the card would get tossed and they would forget what it was or where they got it :( Thats why I eventually graduated to clams. Labels on the pack and they have to open the pack and see the company name and scent every time they open it up to get one out.

One thing to mention. I dont like them "loose" in a bag. They move around from people handling them and shipping and just moving to other shows, and the wax would smear the inside of the bag making it look cloudy and not professional. Thats why I put them in the tube type candle bags that held them tight!

Also, they do make "tart tubes" you can get from some suppliers. A lot of people use these. It's really the "salt tubes" or something like that. I know BCNorth used to have them. Not sure about now.

Whatever you put them in, if its plastic, make sure its polyPRO. That way if you are going to store them for a little while, the plastic doesn't suck out the scent ( o yes this happens ! )

Edited by blacktieaffair

Hello All!

I make my tarts in mini muffin pans but cannot decide how to package them.Do any of you make them this way and if so how do you package yours? TIA!!

th_christmasgifts022.jpg?t=1324991575th_christmasgifts016.jpg?t=1324991553This is what I used for Christmas gifts ,I got the tins from Dollar Tree

When I used to make individual tarts (went to clamshells, also) I wrapped 2 of them top to top with a cigar band type label wrapped around. Don't use Saran wrap - learned that the hard way. I went to cello bags but they didn't look as neat. Shrink wrap would work.

I do like the tins, but even at a buck that's some expensive packaging.

When I used to make individual tarts (went to clamshells, also) I wrapped 2 of them top to top with a cigar band type label wrapped around. Don't use Saran wrap - learned that the hard way. I went to cello bags but they didn't look as neat. Shrink wrap would work.

I do like the tins, but even at a buck that's some expensive packaging.

lol this is true im glad my circle of friends and family was small lol

I still sell them that way, in half pound and one pound tin tie Kraft bags with windows. Established customers seem to prefer them that way (it's less expensive than clamshells). The newer customers prefer the clamshells. I used to package them in cello bags, but did not like the smell of the cello bags, especially the printed ones, so I switched to the tin-tie coffee bags. HTH :)

I actually do different shapes and chunks in small poly zip bags. The work beautifully and my customers prefer them over the clamshells. I also have my labels on the bags that way. Most of the time I sell them as a "single use" bag, enough to put in a warmer by itself. It shows off the shape and on the chunks, seems people love the idea of mixing the scents with them already chunked up.

Another thing you can do is make larger bags and use the tin tie bags. I did that when I made muffin tarts that looked like muffins with whipped frosting etc. They looked cute because you can see them through the window & bakery like too. I sold a TON of Blueberry Muffins tarts like this. I think they held about 12 nicely and I got $12 a bag for them and that was a while back. Packaging so often sells the product. :)