Best fragrance oils

Every supplier has oils that work amazing for some and not for others. I absolutely adore Candle Science. I know that some FOs not only might not work in some waxes, but I've seen a difference in two people who use the same wax, but in different parts of the country, and they get totally different results....

Can you give us some more info on what wax or base, and what application you are using it in? And although I haven't used Peaks for FOs, if you could name some of the ones from Candle Science, maybe I can tell you if they worked for me personally , or not... same with Peaks, they have tons of users who could probably tell you their results with particular fos from there.

I agree with the previous 2 posts...I get very good results with CS and Peaks using C3. There are many factors that affect ST...wax, wick and wick sz, amount of fo used and when, etc...more info and we may be better able to help

couple of places for fragrance oils and the quality just isn't there (peak and candle science)

Qaality of FO is only ONE component that causes a candle to have a great hot throw. You can use the finest FOs in the world and have a lousy HT if other components of the candle are not working together properly. A great discussion regarding HT in candles is going on in the thread below which may help you understand why you may be having problems with the oils you have purchased from two of my favorite FO suppliers.

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?102079-Does-melt-pool-temp-have-anything-to-do-with-scent-throw

Quality is the very first word that comes to mind for me when speaking of Peaks. I have never ordered from CS, so I will take the word of everyone here that their oils are great.

Honestly, I know that opinions vary, but this post is just weird... The only thing that I can think of us that the OP did not care for the scents, and because of that thought the fragrances were low quality. I have not liked every single scent from Peaks, but that has nothing to do with quality. It is my perception of scent.

I too am surprised. I think both Peak's and Candle Science offer very good oils. Other suppliers I regularly buy from include DayStar and Moonworks; a bit pricey but very good.

Is it possible your dissatisfaction may not be due to the FOs from these Companies?

Good luck! :smiley2:

Hi, I've tried a couple of places for fragrance oils and the quality just isn't there (peak and candle science). Can anyone suggest a company with great quality oils? Thanks.

Which fragrances did you use and what type of candles are you making...containers, pillars?? I've had many scents that didn't give me the scent throw that I wanted in a paraffin pillar but blew the doors off when put in container wax & some required a longer cure time.

Edited by Pam W

Also, OP should clarify their definition of "quality". All companies have some that will work for you & some that won't.

I think that many Newbies, not knowing the ins & outs of making a quality candle just assume the oils are low quality when it may very well be something else causing the problem.

I think that many Newbies, not knowing the ins & outs of making a quality candle just assume the oils are low quality when it may very well be something else causing the problem.

Oh, I am soooo in touch with that concept, lol.

Oh, I am soooo in touch with that concept, lol.

Somewhat off topic but......Several yrs ago, I poured 3 container testers using BB's Arabian spice(at least 5ys); test burned two of them and there was not enough throw to go forward. While cleaning the closet recently, I found the 3rd container - lit that baby up and OMG, the 4oz hex jar literally ran me out of a 10x10 room!! It's been so long, I'm not sure what wax I used but I think it was container wax from the craft store - no clue what wick was used either.......but I can guaran-damn-tee you that I will pour more container candles with this FO.

Summary: 5 yrs ago, I would have said that this FO was of low quality - today, I'm eating my words!!

Edited by Pam W

I'm new and only have made three batches of tarts (second batch I'm testing currently) and the FO's I used are from The Candle Source. I really like them and think they smell great!

Anyone think different?

Also around what time of year does that sale come from Candle Science? With all these raves I'm thinking of buying a few even without that sale.