LoneStar - Good or Bad

jillfisher

Hi All, I'm still in the beginner stage of candle making ( Only being making for 3 months). I spend lots of time on this forum reading & doing - learning so much!! I have lonestar scents, but don't read much about them on the forum. So i just wondered if overall people rate them as a good or bad FO company. These are the only FO's i've used so far, so i cant compare yet? I'm thinking i should probably try some others, but just curios as to what others say.:)

I use several of Lonestars scents. They are not my only supplier for FOs as I cherry pick from about 3 different companies, but I am very pleased with the scents that I get from Lonestar. I must tell you that I have excellent service from Lonestar! They ship quickly and I love that they have the hundred weight shipping discount. I have nothing bad to say about this company or the products that I have purchased from them.

I have a few favorites from them and order my wax from there also. They have great customer service but as mentioned, each fo should be tested in your system. If you live out west you should give Peaks atry as well..hth

LS is a favorite of mine as well. I'm in West Texas so I like buying from them because the shipping isn't too costly and they get it here quickly.

Like mentioned above, their FOs are hit and miss. Some are great, some are not so great, but that seems to be an overall thing with all companies.

• 2 weeks later...

We get a couple out of Lone Star like johnson baby powder(really spot on) and Leather(spot on but not over powering), but we also oder from ng and from several manufacters. We blend about 35% of our own scents. but Lone Star has good customer service and quick shipping.

• 2 months later...

I have used blueberry, vanilla, lavender, Cinnamon, ocean breeze, rose petals. That is just a few of the scents I have from LoneStar. I would say I have had a great experience using them. I use Soy wax and there Lavender scent is great.

They do have great customer service. In regards to their FOs, it's a hit or miss - in my experience. Some I really like that throw well in my paraffins and parasoy include Zanzibar clove, Candied yams, Dickens Christmas, Noel. There may be a few others, but that's all I can remember off the top of my head.

Hi All, I'm still in the beginner stage of candle making ( Only being making for 3 months). I spend lots of time on this forum reading & doing - learning so much!! I have lonestar scents, but don't read much about them on the forum. So i just wondered if overall people rate them as a good or bad FO company. These are the only FO's i've used so far, so i cant compare yet? I'm thinking i should probably try some others, but just curios as to what others say.:)

You should probably try some others. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the best) of the many, many oils I've tried from them in many different waxes, I'd give them a 2 or 3. There are other far better oils from other suppliers.

Darbla, I have Oakmoss here. I've used it in candles and body butter. It has a distinct Oakmoss and musty rose scent. The rose and moss are the predominant notes when you sniff OOB, and in candles it really changes. It is easy on the Patch note probably the base note probably used to make it a bit more earthy. It almost smells also like it has the olive note too. When on skin the rose fades away into a musky musty scent. I would call it a unisex scent, however it leans to the masculine. It is very mossy though and maybe a tiny bit woodsy, but not green. I really like it. Throws great in 415 soy.

I have only ordered once from Lonestar and I was instantly turned off when the box came and it reeked of moth balls. I had to open it outside and the wicks etc that I still have STILL reek of moth balls and have to be stored far away from me.

I get very ill anywhere near the smell of moth balls.

Wow that is weird, the packaging I get when I order, is all new, never smells of anything, and very professionally packed. I'm sorry that you experienced this I've never had this experience myself. I did have a broken glass and they replaced it right away.

• 1 month later...

Lorelei, I put 'Oakmoss' in wax a few weeks ago. MAJOR hit with my friends! Thanks for encouraging me to go ahead with it!

Now I am looking for other recommendations because I need to order jar lids from them. So what about it, guys? Any comments on:

Indian Sandalwood

Butt Naked

Autumn Harvest

Bay Breeze

Christmas Hearth

Drakkar Noir

Festival of Lights

Frankincense & Myrrh

Gardenia

Grandma's Kitchen

Green Tea & Cucumber

Happy Holidays

Harvest

Herb Garden

Home for the Holidays

Home Sweet Home

Indian Summer

Juniper Breeze

Lemon Lavender

Lemongrass Sage

Magnolia

Midsummer's Night

Mistletoe type

Nag Champa

Noel

Plumeria

Pumpkin Pickin (doesn't sound like much pumpkin in it, so thought I'd ask)

Rainforest Blossoms

Smell of Christmas

Spruce Orchard

Sweet Holiday Blend Coffee

Tree Lighting

Tuberose

Tuscan Herb

Victorian Christmas

White Christmas

Wind Swept Shores

Yuletide

Zanzibar Clove

Wait. I think I left a few off.... :tongue2:

Edited by Darbla

^ I haven't tried ANY of those you just listed lol. I tend to lean towards bakery scents though (hence my business name lol).

Butt Naked is brand new at LS so I don't think many people (if any) will have an opinion on it.

My musthaves from LS: Blueberry Cobbler, Downy April Fresh, Leather (haven't tested yet but its great OOB)

I have used Lonestar for a number of years and have enjoyed working with them. Some of my favorites are...Amaretto, Spearmint, Birthday Cake, Blueberry Cobbler and Apple Strudel. Hope that helps!

Doggone it, I was hoping for more input before I place an order. But I must have wax so I'll place it anyway. I've narrowed all those temptations down to these:

- Zanzibar Clove (Another popular Pier 1* duplication. A top note of clove blends with the middle notes of cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. The rich musky base blends notes of natural musk, oakmoss, and vetiver to create this rich spicy-musky blend.)

- Harvest

- Drakkar Noir (Modern "fougere" bergamot, lavender, oakmoss and woods.)

- Midsummer's Night (A rich and mysterious aroma that combines French lavender, pine branches and Italian bergamot with earthy oakmoss, ivy vines, violet petals and red cedar.)

- Herb Garden (Blend of Australian lime, soft bergamot, petitgrain, spicy clove, clean vetiver, orris root, cedarwood, earthy patchouli and amber musk.)

- Tuscan Herb (A duplication of the popular Pier 1* fragrance, a very herbaceous accord with a heart of green notes and undertone of citrus.)

- Spruce Orchard (A clean refreshing blend of citrus, pine, and rosemary on a light woody background.)