Tobacco Barn

lokysnommis

Havana from Southwest isn't a straight tobacco/pipe smell, but OMG is it fantastic!!!

It seems that a supplier carries one called Santa's Pipe or Grandpa's Pipe....just can't remember who?

Isn't Havana the same as what GL called Maduro? I use that for DH's shave soap but have only a few ounces left - when that's gone, I'll have to start shopping around for something similar.

Isn't Havana the same as what GL called Maduro? I use that for DH's shave soap but have only a few ounces left - when that's gone, I'll have to start shopping around for something similar.

Yes, it's the same thing :) I've been using it since GL carried it...I just love that scent!

Forgive me for not replying, I just came up for air from the holiday rush! Well, I made up a sample using NG's Tobacco and another using NG's Tobacco Caramel and it didn't pass the test with the handful of people that are requesting the scent. (One is our local Co-op, who would love to carry tarts and candles in the scent...and they know their tobacco barn smell! lol) I'm in the South, so it's huge here. I just can't nail the exact scent, which is sweet and smoky all at the same time. In my research, I did find this "The resultant tobacco possesses a powerful smoky note reminiscent of smoked meats and provides a rich “smoky & sweet note” in tobacco products." I had someone suggest that if I could find a barbecue scent, firewood scent, or beef jerky scent that I should try that. I'll let everyone know what I come up with and thank you so much for all of your input!

NG's Tobacco was one of the scents that I took to the woman at the Co-Op and they all smelled it and they thought it smelled like soap. (Actually to be precise, a men's soap) Same with the tobacco caramel. I did use the fragrance oil finder that someone recommended and found several tobacco scents. I'm going to try the tobacco scent from Bitter Creek and see what they think about it. I might mix some firewood scent in with it for the smokiness. Anyone else, and I think NG's tobacco would have been close enough. Thank you everyone who has answered! I appreciate all of the help!

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/ProductDetail.aspx?CategoryID=134&ProductID=3700&ProductName=Crafters+Choice%e2%84%a2+Santa%27s+Pipe+Fragrance+Oil+516

How about Santa's Pipe, I had this FO many years ago and it smells like someone is smoking a pipe and has a little sweetness to it. IMO disgusting but it may be what you are looking for.

NG's Tobacco was one of the scents that I took to the woman at the Co-Op and they all smelled it and they thought it smelled like soap. (Actually to be precise, a men's soap) Same with the tobacco caramel. I did use the fragrance oil finder that someone recommended and found several tobacco scents. I'm going to try the tobacco scent from Bitter Creek and see what they think about it. I might mix some firewood scent in with it for the smokiness. Anyone else, and I think NG's tobacco would have been close enough. Thank you everyone who has answered! I appreciate all of the help!

Hey Lokysnommis,

Did you ever get around to trying BC's tobacco FO? Just wonder'n!

• 2 weeks later...
I just received it yesterday! : ) I also ordered the Campfire scent to mix in if she thinks that it needs a little "smoke" to it. I can't wait to try it out!

Can't wait for the review (please). Most of the tobacco FOs I've sampled were far to sweet, almost maple syrupy.

I've been trying to find a true dry woody tobacco FO. I might have to try this one. Let me know what you think of BCs!

Edited by rctfavr3

I've never tried this one, but what about WSP "Santa's pipe"?

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/ProductDetail.aspx?CatalogID=4&GroupID=3&CategoryID=134&ProductID=3700&ProductName=Crafters+Choice%e2%84%a2+Santa%27s+Pipe+Fragrance+Oil+516

Surprisingly, Lone Star's "Autumn lodge" does have a definite tobacco smell. The tobacco smell isn't mentioned in the description, but it's what customers - and even my poor nose - pick up right away. It sure is a big year-round seller and we love it; here's the link:

http://www.lonestarcandlesupply.com/products/fragranceoils_autumn-lodge-(type).html

Oh, found two other suppliers:

http://www.wellingtonfragrance.com/Tobacco-P397.aspx and

http://www.creativefragrances.com/Product%20Home.htm

Good luck! :smiley2:

Edited by Ravens
links

I don't know if it's the same Santa's Pipe, but mine smelled like Cherry. I didn't like it.

This has been my problem with most of the tobacco FOs. Either they're oddly sweet, or overly cherry. I'm looking for a more papery-woody leaf scent but with a subtle sweetness. I remember really likeing a free sample I received from one company...but for the life of me can't remember who/where! :( Oh well. I guess I'll keep on look'n.

@ Ravens Thanks for the links. Might try a few.

Edited by rctfavr3