Looking for something smoky, sweet, & complex . . .

angellie5

Somebody in our neighborhood uses a wood burner and I love to open the backdoor to let the dogs out and smell the smoky sweet scent on a chilly morning. I wonder if they are burning maple logs or something (or it is mingling with somebody's dryer sheets LOL) since it isn't like a pungent straight up campfire smell. Anywho, is there a scent that is smoky, sweet, and complex in a perfume type of way (not bakery)? I wonder if I could mix a smidgen of campfire smoke with a sweet perfume/cologne scent of some kind? Thanks for any suggestions or letting me know it was gross and don't waste my time!:)

Edited by angellie5

CS Christmas Hearth. One of my best sellers. Has a rich smokiness with a touch of sweet spice and pine notes. Together they make an awesome blend. All I have to do is open a jar and have a customer smell it and their sold! Reminds me of my fireplace with a lovely fire burning with spicy goodies and a Christmas Tree in the room.

TSW..has a new one called Sweet Lodge Smoke..

It is a very nice scent.and complex..

I have made cp soap with it..and just poured a tester candle last night..it smells wonderful, but have not burned it yet..

I got this sample as well and have not poured it yet but OOB it is wonderful- this may be what your looking for! Let us know how the candle is GRAN_ONES!!

• 3 years later...

Thanks for all the suggestions and I may have found it after searching for four years! I tried CS's Christmas Hearth and it wasn't quite what I was looking for, I needed more sweetness. I poured Millcreek's Home and Hearth last night and it is wonderful! I sure hope it is strong after curing and smells good while burning. Here is the description from MC: A smooth rich base of warm vanilla and cinnamon wrapped in a smoky woody sandalwood evergreen clove mixture. It is just lovely. Thought I would update and give back since this forum has always been such a huge help to me. :)

• Like 1