Bizarre To go or not to go?

clueless

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a bizzare one year and only had a few months to prepare and it was during christmas. We decorated our booth very elegant and christmas like, played soft christmas music and had an electric melter on at our booth so customer's could smell a nice aroma as they walked by...and we got ton's of compliments on the scent we had melting. My business partner and I attended and had my sister come along as well. So we had 3 people at the booth. We don't live in a huge town either and only had about 3 times it was so busy with people it felt overwhelming to us. Other than that, it was kind of slow and very boring.

In the end, we made only $300 at the bizzare for an 8 hour day with 3 people so in my small town, we will not be doing it again.

Oh, and there was about 5 different candle makers at this homeshow too. Kind of wish they wouldn't have allowed so many of the same trade but oh well.

Clueless I do understand I would consider myself fairly new to this all too, and like you I just want to go I feel it in my heart I want the community to see what MZPHEE is doing, BUT I was moving to fast candles, melts, dipped TP...I wanted to do it all...Then I was schooled by experienced crafters that told me SLOOOW DOWN..LOL AND I WAS LIKE WHY, BUT I DECIDED TO TAKE THEIR ADVICE!!!(glad I did) I make tarts and I love it but I still practice and test and play with my candles at least once or twice a week...that works for ME...I said this to say the passion I have to get my product out there is still there, I have had my business lic for 2yrs because I have had this vision..BUT I do understand that there is other issues that could arrive that I may not be ready for. I have 3 children and my oldest (22) is very much little me we are adventurous we love new challenges and welcome them but I have learned that even that has to line up.... Im not agreeing or disagreeing Im just sayin I do understand