lye

jackie

Where are you folks buying your lye? I've called every store around here that might possibly have it but none do. This is a rural area though. I was told more than once I wouldn't find it in a store anywhere around here due to meth producers liking to use lye.

Do you order it online? if so who has good prices/reas shipping?

Hi, try out AAA chemicals, they carry lye as well as oils for soapmaking, their prices are good but shipping I guess is the same in many other places..too expensive but for me its the only solution as I have no local suppliers, hope this helps.:smiley2:

I buy mine from True Value Hardware... It's called Rooto.

My Brother in law works near one and I would have him pick some up for me. He finally said me ..."I don't want to get them anymore, they keep looking at me like I am some Meth Maker!" lol

So now I get it myself... :)

I was told at the local Ace that their lye turns soap yellow???? They have to order by the case for you in Akron. They don't keep on the shelves, they actually brought the manager out to talk to me. (They were definately looking at me strangely!)

Edited by ChandlerWicks

No chemical suppliers without a very long drive. I see the drain cleaner is on Lowe's website so if the store doesn't have it I can have it shipped to store free. I'll be going in Fri so I'll check then. It's expensive but for my purposes should last quite awhile. This is just a hobby for me. The AAA chem had a great price but the shipping offset that if just ordering that one item. I'll keep that in mind when I need other stuff later though. Thanks for the info.