another 'force of habit' boo boo..

So, like usual, when I had an extra ounce left over I threw it in a votive cup to be able to use later. But, I was working with 4630! Obviously, it's not coming out conveniently - so, what do you do with your leftover little bits with this wax?? Will it pop out for me if I use a portion cup (so I can reuse the portion cup for next time)?? Old dogs - new tricks - aarrgghh!

IMO it will probably not 'pop out' of anything. It is not designed to. I would scoop it out. I keep a big red 16oz Solo cup nearby that I use for extras. Just pour everything in there and use for fire starters. You can simply use a scissor and cut the cup away from the wax, dump in a pour pot and viola!

get yourself a few glass votive holders & pour the leftovers in them & put on the elect warmer...or if you have a used container with a little leftover wax in it from a test burn, add it to that then put on the warmer. I've come up with some unusual combos doing this

I have a large container that I pour all my leftyover wax in and just call it a candle shop candle! You won't believe how good they smell with all those various scents!!! Or the other idea was great too just pour in little containers and use on a tart warmer....You can also use an old pot and heat on low for a few minutes on the stove. It will smell the whole house up!!!

I have a "work in progress" container candle that I just pour left over container wax into. Going to be one heck of a potpourri when I am done. It's either going to smell great or become a patio candle :)

Yep I have one of those candles going to Can't wait to see what comes out of it :laugh2:

If I am pouring container wax, I pour the excess into metal votive molds or paper cups. When I want to pour a layered candle, I put the votive molds into my electric skillet with water in it, to melt and then I strain it as I pour the layered candle.

I wick a pint canning jar and add bit by bit until its full

I also do this. When it's full, I stick a skewer in the middle, stick in a wick and have a nice candle to burn on my porch. When it burns down, I wipe the sides with a paper towel, fish out the wick tail, and start again. I don't much care what it looks like or smells like - it's just for me to have something to burn on the porch.

I also do this. When it's full, I stick a skewer in the middle, stick in a wick and have a nice candle to burn on my porch. When it burns down, I wipe the sides with a paper towel, fish out the wick tail, and start again. I don't much care what it looks like or smells like - it's just for me to have something to burn on the porch.

I do this with my excess pillar wax - always have a mold sitting on the workbench where I pour little bits & when it gets full, I pull the wick pin, insert wick and enjoy. What's funny is that these come out looking kinda funky because of the variety of colors but on several occasions, I've had friends say "oooh, I want that one'''...and that's fine except I make it very clear that it cannot be duplicated - one of a kind so I should probably be charging a premium price, huh?

Will it pop out of the cup you poured it into if you froze it for a bit?

Like many others, I like the candlemakers special layered candle with all the different fragrances that emerge. I hedge my bets that it will smell great by keeping one going for florals, another for bakery, etc.

If I'm planning ahead well enough, tea lites made with the excess are a nice bonus. I get to keep those all to myself :)