got a suggestion?

leenabug

I use 464 wax. I am low on several favorites, so I decided to stock up for the holidays. Since Bluegrass and TN have been the stongest oils in my wax (KY was good too), I decided to just pick one or the other and restock the scents. save on shipping.To my surprise I discovered i couldnt get ALL the scents from just BLuegrass OR Tn. Then I realized neither place carried certain scents I needed. Here is a list of the current scents I am using that have worked good for me. Any suggestions on places that has GOOD fo in these scents?. I was trying to save on shipping and only order from 1 or 2 places.

Homemade Apple Pie- Bluegrass (love this one, scared to change)

Blackberry Pie- Alabaster bestseller (bluegrass nor tn have this, what does blackberry sage smell like compared to this?)

Orange Chiffon Cake- KY (is the orange cake at BLuegrass just as good?)

Fresh Linen- Alabaster best seller (good smell and strong in my 464 wax, is the linens at Bluegrass or TN similiar?)

Lovespell- TN (got to be the best one Ive ever smelled )

Strawberry Jam- Bittercreek (bluegrass nor TN have this, know anyone that has something similiar?)

Hot fudge brownie- Alabaster (bluegrass has one, is it good?)

Frangilico Streusel?- Alabaster (just need something that smells like cookies)(TN or Bluegrass got anything similiar?

The only thing I can tell you is I've been doing this for what seems like forever and I've been able to scale down a little on the number of suppliers. If you are set on having many scents you are most likely going to need to shop from multiple suppliers. If you started and stayed with just 1 it would be different but your nose has been out there now!

The only thing I can tell you is I've been doing this for what seems like forever and I've been able to scale down a little on the number of suppliers. If you are set on having many scents you are most likely going to need to shop from multiple suppliers. If you started and stayed with just 1 it would be different but your nose has been out there now!

Love Fudge Brownie from Peaks! I use 415 soy:smiley2:

I was wondering if I could get several of those scents from Peaks........? For some reason Ive not tried many oils from peaks

I was hoping to narrow it down to 2 suppliers, but that must be unrealistic. I get out of heart with trying so many oils and usually only 1 outta 4 or 5 is something i want to try again. But then I dont want to pay shipping for only 1 bottle so I try several more with my next order.........and so on and so on.....and then on top of all that sometimes they go out of business! lol! I had just tried several oils from KY and Berts...............Well maybe 4 suppliers would be more realistic? Ive got oils from like 10 suppliers right now but it drives me nuts.....

I was wondering if I could get several of those scents from Peaks........? For some reason Ive not tried many oils from peaks

I was hoping to narrow it down to 2 suppliers, but that must be unrealistic. I get out of heart with trying so many oils and usually only 1 outta 4 or 5 is something i want to try again. But then I dont want to pay shipping for only 1 bottle so I try several more with my next order.........and so on and so on.....and then on top of all that sometimes they go out of business! lol! I had just tried several oils from KY and Berts...............Well maybe 4 suppliers would be more realistic? Ive got oils from like 10 suppliers right now but it drives me nuts.....

Well...since Rustic Escentuals bought Vickey's (KY) why don't you check her site and see what she has in stock from KY. I am pretty sure she is carrying just about everything that KY sold. And RE is in South Carolina so shipping to you in GA shouldn't be bad. Plus I am pretty sure that Amy/RE says what's been tested in paraffin or soy and how it throws. Of course...I'm always a BIT cautious with that because I got burned ordering oils from JS that were supposed to be excellent in soy and didn't thow worth a darn for me in my parasoy blend.

http://rusticescentuals.com/

Edited by Maggie
spelling

Well...since Rustic Escentuals bought Vickey's (KY) why don't you check her site and see what she has in stock from KY. I am pretty sure she is carrying just about everything that KY sold. And RE is in South Carolina so shipping to you in GA shouldn't be bad.http://rusticescentuals.com/

I love several of KY's FOs and will continue to order them from RE--and there were some from RE that I had liked but wouldn't order because I didn't want to get addicted to just a few from a supplier. But although I will continue to order from there, I was very surprised that their shipping to me in Alabama was quite a bit more than from most suppliers even farther away. I thought perhaps the cart just overestimated, but I called before placing my last order and was assured the shipping price in the cart was correct.

• 2 weeks later...

yes i just got in several pounds of fo from NG but for some reason , they are not all working that great for me............Which I find really weird considering what good reviews they have for being good in 464. I must be having a phooey moment........

• 4 weeks later...

Well my deciding factor for my next order was because I needed some lovespell for valentines day......and Tennessee has my favorite lovespell so here is what I ordered to try from Tennessee:

Hot Baked Apple Pie (had a reeeeaaaallllyy good one from Bluegrass, gonna be shocked if this is just as good)

Love Spell Type (already know this is a good one)

Pink Sugar (this is new for me, never tried it from any where)

Strawberry Cheese Cake (this is replacing my strawberry jam from bcn, or will it?)

Fresh Linen (will be comparing this to the one from alabaster)

Warm Vanilla Sugar (tve never had a vanilla that i did good with so I am gonna be using this for mixing)

Spiced Cranberry (umm, hoping i can come up with something to replace my blackberry pie?)

Coconut Tango ( needed something with coconut for mixing)

Lemon Cheese Cake ( had a lemon cake from bcn, then a lemon cake from KY....both were great...see how this goes)

Hot Apple Cider ( I have a really popular muller cider from alabaster.....wonder how this compares?)

Will post my results when I get the oils in........

didnt find anything on their website to try to replace my orange cake......but i got so many bakery scents im gonna try to get along without it for a while...................we will see if people complain.................if they do then, im justified for trying the one from Bluegrass............(along with a few other bottles:yay:)

Well my deciding factor for my next order was because I needed some lovespell for valentines day......and Tennessee has my favorite lovespell so here is what I ordered to try from Tennessee:

Hot Baked Apple Pie (had a reeeeaaaallllyy good one from Bluegrass, gonna be shocked if this is just as good)

Love Spell Type (already know this is a good one)

Pink Sugar (this is new for me, never tried it from any where)

Strawberry Cheese Cake (this is replacing my strawberry jam from bcn, or will it?)

Fresh Linen (will be comparing this to the one from alabaster)

Warm Vanilla Sugar (tve never had a vanilla that i did good with so I am gonna be using this for mixing)

Spiced Cranberry (umm, hoping i can come up with something to replace my blackberry pie?)

Coconut Tango ( needed something with coconut for mixing)

Lemon Cheese Cake ( had a lemon cake from bcn, then a lemon cake from KY....both were great...see how this goes)

Hot Apple Cider ( I have a really popular muller cider from alabaster.....wonder how this compares?)

Will post my results when I get the oils in........

Are you referring to their Homemade Apple Pie? I'm still trying to make that one work better for me in 415...

I get Pink Sugar from Candles of the Earth and my husband loves this scent. It actually never sold to customer's and my tester's said it had a very weak HT but I still carry it for my husband since he loves it! To me it smells a lot like cotton candy. He has a problem with a sweet tooth so perhaps that is why he loves the Pink Sugar lol

yes, the one from Bluegrass IS called Homemade Apple Pie and it does really good for me! I add 1 oz per lb of wax and then a little cinnamon, maybe .15 oz ppd. Let it cure for atleast 5 days, 2 weeks is best. wow a great smell for me..........I use cd 10 wick in 8 oz jj. Hope that helps..............I know the feeling, I just got an AWESOME smelling fo from Natures Garden called Bermuda Triangle............I cant get it to work in my candles or my melts.......it keeps coming out very weak.......it smells so great, I dont understand whats wrong:(

yes, the one from Bluegrass IS called Homemade Apple Pie and it does really good for me! I add 1 oz per lb of wax and then a little cinnamon, maybe .15 oz ppd. Let it cure for atleast 5 days, 2 weeks is best. wow a great smell for me..........I use cd 10 wick in 8 oz jj. Hope that helps..............I know the feeling, I just got an AWESOME smelling fo from Natures Garden called Bermuda Triangle............I cant get it to work in my candles or my melts.......it keeps coming out very weak.......it smells so great, I dont understand whats wrong:(

Well, good then, at least I know it works for someone, lol. I'll try it again.

& I have the Bermuda Triange, also. Haven't tried it yet though...