Figuring Shipping Into Product Prices

ladysj

For us honestly to figure out for each individual product would be a pain but I'm sure we could do it. To make things easier we simply add around $0.25 to each product to cover any shipping/fuel/mileage cost.

I'm sure someone has a spreadsheet out here they may share with you guys for your cost calculations.

Do you add a minimum order?? if someone orders 1 thing and you have only charged .25 or .50 don't you loose money?

No, no minimums at all but I think some have confused this topic.

The question was for adding the cost of shipping your supplies into your products. When pricing you should be including EVERY cost you incur in making that item. I.E. Supplies, labels, packaging, shipping, etc....

So all I was saying is instead of figuring out how much it cost to ship that 1.5 ounces of fragrance you used with your 1 pound of wax and the 1 label and 1 jar you poured into your cost, NOT adding a "surcharge" to each order, but just adding $0.25 or $0.50 into the final cost and figuring your retail price from there....

As for WSP....we all know what they did/do and I don't think anyone of us would want to be like that....

Hope that cleared this up =) But I think I just confused myself LOL

I took a day to figure out cost per ounce of all my fragrances and wax (including shipping to me), jars, wicks, labels, etc. Then I made a chart with the cost of each ingredient. Comes in very useful.

As far as shipping to customer. I do a special on 3 melts that includes priority flat rate small box price. Otherwise I just figure shipping on each individual order. I do not have shipping in my shopping cart.

I have a spreadsheet I made for my costs. But I add the actual shipping costs for the supplies. So if my wax cost me $75 for 50 lbs and $25 to ship I calculate cost of wax per lb based on the total price that includes shipping. Same with my jars, FOs, etc. So I don't have to figure a shipping cost per product/item sold. Its already done.

I have a spreadsheet I made for my costs. But I add the actual shipping costs for the supplies. So if my wax cost me $75 for 50 lbs and $25 to ship I calculate cost of wax per lb based on the total price that includes shipping. Same with my jars, FOs, etc. So I don't have to figure a shipping cost per product/item sold. Its already done.

Ok so now just need till Candybee takes a *bubble bath* and sneak in for that speadsheet :naughty::naughty:

Ok so now just need till Candybee takes a *bubble bath* and sneak in for that speadsheet :naughty::naughty:

If I could send it I would. But my excel program won't send in a viewable format. Trust me I've tried many times.

But its not that hard to figure. You should have a spreadsheet on your costs already and you just add in the shipping. I have saved myself so much money figuring my shipping into my material costs.

I guess I was reading the original question wrong. I thought the OP was asking about adding shipping charges into the total cost the customer pays (so there would not be any shipping charges added at checkout). In a way like WSP does but without the outrageous rear end reaming. I like Candybee have the shipping I paid for all my products added into the cost of my products. I was curious as to how any of you come to those type of shipping charges, if any of you do that. Sorry for the confusion.

If I could send it I would. But my excel program won't send in a viewable format. Trust me I've tried many times.

But its not that hard to figure. You should have a spreadsheet on your costs already and you just add in the shipping. I have saved myself so much money figuring my shipping into my material costs.

I was just playing around =) We do have the cost sheet that has floated around for some time now =) I was going to upload it for everyone here but of course I can't either LOL

Anyways, no worries pleasureridgecandles, confusion happens here all the time :tiptoe::tiptoe::tiptoe:

I guess I was reading the original question wrong. I thought the OP was asking about adding shipping charges into the total cost the customer pays (so there would not be any shipping charges added at checkout).

Me too! And boy, was I scratching my head. :confused: How on earth can anyone charge just 25c or 50c to ship an item??? I am glad that it was clarified that it was SUPPLY costs. LOL! :smiley2:

I do not charge actual shipping and never have. For instance, my priority mail cost for a flat rate mailer is $5.95. This covers any packing costs. My shipping costs for first class mail orders are just .75c higher than actual shipping costs. It is pretty cheap, the customers get a well packaged shipment, and no one has ever complained.

Me too! And boy, was I scratching my head. :confused: How on earth can anyone charge just 25c or 50c to ship an item??? I am glad that it was clarified that it was SUPPLY costs. LOL! :smiley2:

I do not charge actual shipping and never have. For instance, my priority mail cost for a flat rate mailer is $5.95. This covers any packing costs. My shipping costs for first class mail orders are just .75c higher than actual shipping costs. It is pretty cheap, the customers get a well packaged shipment, and no one has ever complained.

I thought I was the only one! lol I too was trying to figure out how they could raise their price by a quarter or two to account for the shipping (to the customer). I thought they must have one helluva carrier if they can ship for just a quarter or two. Boy I had a huge DUH moment there!! :)

I'm the one that started this thread lol I do have a spreadsheet on my costs I'll look at it again. It is kind of a confusing spreadsheet lol hopefully I can figure this out. Thanks everyone.