CS Banan Nut Bread

moonshine

Okay- I am NOT a fan of food/bakery scents at all but have learned to "man" up making them knowing alot of people do......BUT I am test burning this FO in a candle now (straight 464 and a htp wick and a CD wick) and I want to gag!!! It smells like stale cigarette smoke to me and I AM a smoker! (but one that constantly chews gum and sprays body spray ALL the time AND washes my hand after EVERY one)

When I made this in melts I tolerated it - it wasn't bad actually and alot of people LOVED it but man, put a wick in it it and it completely changed- anyone else have this "problem"?

I kept walking around trying to figure out where the smell was coming from, I thought it was my clothes, my hair or I had a hole in the wall (I do not smoke in my house- I go in the garage) and I just finally realized it its the candles- These HAVE to go....I cant offer this to people! LOL*shudder* we need a barf smiley

A best seller for me this time of year. I hate it but not because it smells like stale cigarette smoke. It just smells like bananas to me and I'm not a banana fan. Maybe you should let someone else test it. I have this same problem with orange scents. They all smell like fuel to me but other people just smell orange.

How about :0~ for a barf smiley?

Edited by deb426

I think this weekend I will try it again in C3 and see what happens- could be MY nose that is really messed up to- because in melts it was not at all like that, I could tolerate the scent and I have alot of people that buy them up in melts and requested them in candle form.

Mistletoe is a big seller around the Holidays.

If you can stand to pour it or can grow used to the aroma, it could be a big seller for you.

BNB - I used to sell that one and the scent was nice not smokey. Maybe it was reformulated and the Bread got burnt?

BNB kinda fizzled out in my area and is not a big seller anymore. Or maybe my customers thought is smelled Smokey?

Mistletoe is a big seller around the Holidays.

If you can stand to pour it or can grow used to the aroma, it could be a big seller for you.

BNB - I used to sell that one and the scent was nice not smokey. Maybe it was reformulated and the Bread got burnt?

BNB kinda fizzled out in my area and is not a big seller anymore. Or maybe my customers thought is smelled Smokey?

Yeah, I've read that Mistletoe was a big seller, and my one aunt loves pine scented candles, so that's why I bought it. I told my mom that it'll be a made to order candle, haha. I'll only make it if someone really wants it. :-)

As for the BNB, I love the smell of banana nut bread, but I've had candles in the past (from others) that I didn't care for. I'll have to try it the next time I place an order.

Mom loved them- no stale smell

I wonder if my wax went bad or my nose....I got home from work a couple hours ago and put in a hazelnut vanilla melt (I do like this one) and same thing- I am smelling stale smoke

I Must be coming down with something

Mistletoe is my must have- I love it all year round- I am going to light one of those and see if I smell the candle or stale cigarettes! Maybe this is a sign that it is time to quit! smoking that is

Haven't tried the BNB. I know I got a sample some time ago but never used it or mixed it with something else. But I do use the Mistletoe. Been using it for several years. Its a great Christmas scent and sells very well for me. But I do use it at at only 3-4% in my palm candles cause its so strong. I can see how using at 6% will gag you. My customers would wench when they smelled those candles so I learned to use less.