Oatmeal, Milk & Honey salt bars

bayougirl

Okay guys,

Here's some photos of my little experiment with combining Oatmeal, Milk & Honey recipe and adding sea salt.

Just poured, the honey turned it golden

post-11804-139458486347_thumb.jpg

Just after turning them out of the mold

post-11804-139458486354_thumb.jpg

Just have to wait until cured to try them out. Hopefully, it will have the best of both soaps in one. Thanks for looking.

Yep, my Oatmeal, Milk & Honey recipe (16 oz oils) ground oatmeal, heavy cream and honey then I just threw in 12 oz of sea salt and poured into mold. I put them in a 170 degree oven for about 30 minutes, turned off the oven when I saw them start to gel and left them in the oven for about an hour. They just popped right out of the molds after they were cooled. so far, so good.

What cha doing next in Saltbars? I did a Saltbar with Dead Sea Mud, Charcoal, and Seasalt I poured them in little brownie pans and used the little one ounce bars for the face I love them.

I still have some left from when I made a bunch from last year.

I just did four batches of salt bars, including this one. I rushed getting one out the mold, so they're a mess. One batch was soap on a stick and looks really rustic. So only 2 batches came out good, I haven't thought about the next batch. Maybe another batch of the Oatmeal, Milk & Honey ones once I get to test this batch out. I did look at the little brownie bite mold when I got the salt bar molds out, good idea for the face ones, I don't have dead sea mud, though. I do have charcoal, could I use just regular kaolin clay? I, also, have rose kaolin clay. I'll have to think it over, I know I like to use them on my face every now and then.

• 2 weeks later...