New IGI 4826 for clamshells, tarts, wax chips

RWV

Has anybody tried a sample of this yet? It's supposed to be specially-formulated for tarts, clamshells and wax chips.

• Smooth, opaque, hard surface consistency.
  • Excellent release from molds.
  • Excellent scent release when used with warmers suited to the 4826A congeal point.
  • Proprietary additive package allows this wax to accomodate 6-8% fragrance load. Higher loads may be possible.
  • Very good burn characteristics.
  • Great scent throw.
  • 140°F congeal point better suited for warm climates vs. lower melt point chip waxes.

I was just curious to see what kind of results anyone has gotten that has sampled it. Thanks!

I don't know about that. I have one of those units from Home and Garden from Walmart and I put the IR temp gun to it during a melt and the temp of the wax was 155, so they get pretty hot.

Does anyone know if having a MP of the wax close to the temp of the unit = better throw? Like 140 MP wax at 155 might throw better than 128 wax at 155 degrees?

I'm not a fan of melt points above 140 but I will likely test it out to see how it works. For Eric, I actually like lower melt point wax at higher temps. c3 and 464 (mp around 100) at 160 is probably my best throw in soy. With paraffin the best straight paraffin throw I got was 4630 (125 mp) at 160. This is just my experience though. As they say "individual results may vary"

• 1 month later...
Has anybody tried a sample of this yet? It's supposed to be specially-formulated for tarts, clamshells and wax chips.

• Smooth, opaque, hard surface consistency.
  • Excellent release from molds.
  • Excellent scent release when used with warmers suited to the 4826A congeal point.
  • Proprietary additive package allows this wax to accomodate 6-8% fragrance load. Higher loads may be possible.
  • Very good burn characteristics.
  • Great scent throw.
  • 140°F congeal point better suited for warm climates vs. lower melt point chip waxes.

I was just curious to see what kind of results anyone has gotten that has sampled it. Thanks!

I was just looking through this post an noticed that no one answered the original question. I just bought a slab of this wax to try and so far it seems that this "Special Blend" is aboout one molecule different than plastic. It is very hard and definatly has a higher meling point and once cured it even smells a little like plastic. I am doing some blending now to see if I can blend that out of it but no luck so far. I was just wondering if someone else has tried this blend yet?

]

[*]Excellent scent release when used with warmers suited to the 4826A congeal point.

Ok Im just not "getting" this?

What exactly is a warmer that is "suited" to the 4826A congeal point?

To me? Sounds like they are covering their hinneys that you're going to find more warmers than not, that it doesn't work with, so then they can turn around and say " well your warmer isn't suited"... Im such a conspiratist LOL

I'm going to pour it today. What have you tried blending with so far?

So far I've only tried the 4630, 80/20 and it is now about 2 molecules away from being plastic. The top is fugly, it is still extreamly hard and has the smell of a cheap plastic toy. All of these results is also using 10% FO load. Tomorrow I will try a 50/50 blend to see if that helps, today I'm to aggravated to do it, must be having another "I hate the world" moment. I will post the results.

Maybe it would work well in a blend with 4627.

4627 is on my list if I can't get the results I want with 4630. If that near Vasoline wax doesn't change the molecular structure I will give up and never attempt to convert palstic into a useable product in candle making again.

Here's my results so far:

10% Fallen Leaf FO from Candle Coccoon

25w Burner

CT & HT-Ok, have to pour cool to avoid ripples on top. Pops out of souffle cup easily.

4826/4627 50/50

10% FL

CT & HT Amazing! Pops out easily!

4826/CBL125 50/50 CBL125 is supposed to be identical to 4630

10% FL

CT & HT Very Good! Pops out easily.

I also poured with 6% & 8% & once I've finished testing with the above will let y'all know. I've only used one other type of Tart Wax so don't how this compares to others.