CS's Blue Spruce...not a good thrower?

Oceangazer1

Anyone else? No matter what, I can't get this fo to throw to my liking. A votive scents one of my bathrooms nicely, but that is in no way satisfactory. One votive should be scenting my great room of the house which is...in the main area 1300+ sq ft. I use IGI mottling wax and zinc or cd wicks....all work awesome with my other fos.

I bought this scent based on the reviews and oob it's wonderful, but disappears in wax. I have gone outside for a long while...come back in and do not smell it unless my nose is right above the flame. lol I know it's not candle nose. I have done all of the tricks...any advise?? Yes cure time also.

One votive should be scenting my great room of the house which is...in the main area 1300+ sq ft. QUOTE]

Really?? Wow.

Definitely. If it doesn't it goes...or since it soap safe, I will use it for that and see if it holds. I can smell it in my smaller bathroom. Have it in the large bathroom now.

I had the same problem in 464, I really liked it oob, it was so different from the normal pine or Christmas tree smell. But unfortunately I couldn't smell it burning either.

I'm thankful it's soap safe...I hope it holds in that anyway. It's a nice scent...a shame. KY's Christmas Past throws very well, but isn't body safe. shoot.

Wow Brenda! You can't get it to throw? Now thats a strange puppy. I also use C-3 and man oh man is it ever potent! I don't even have to light the candle as it smells from the front door, it's that strong. Now how does that work anyway? I know some oils just could possibly not throw in a certain wax as that could be the problem that Oceangazer has. Maybe that scent is just not compatible for her wax..... But 2 people who use the same wax as you and me and one not work? I never could understand that.

Wow Oceangazer, your little votives you expect to fill an entire 1300 square foot room? Thats amazing.

Trappeur

So far I have had great success with CS Blue Spruce in 6006 and 4794. Have not yet tested in GB 444 but will get there. I love this scent. It is so different from the sharper pine of CS Mistletoe that it gives my "pine-loving" cutstomers a new option. Keep playing with it...I have had FO's that at first I thought were not working...gone back and retested on a different day and discovered they threw very well. Candle Nose, allergies, cold...or maybe I did not pour at just the right temp because I was rushing...ah, you never know! But there are loads of pine FO's out there...so keep having fun with the testing and let us know what you find that maybe we are missing out on ;-)

Wow Brenda! You can't get it to throw? Now thats a strange puppy. I also use C-3 and man oh man is it ever potent! I don't even have to light the candle as it smells from the front door, it's that strong. Now how does that work anyway? I know some oils just could possibly not throw in a certain wax as that could be the problem that Oceangazer has. Maybe that scent is just not compatible for her wax..... But 2 people who use the same wax as you and me and one not work? I never could understand that.

Wow Oceangazer, your little votives you expect to fill an entire 1300 square foot room? Thats amazing.

Trappeur

Yes, I certainly prefer it. I mean it isn't mandatory when I know it's a lighter scent and I Love it. lol

Trapp: I need to change my comment on Blue Spruce, haven't tested it.....I got it confused with Bayberry or Scotch Pine. The teflon brain coating that Stella talks about must be coming back.. Guess I'll have to order a sample since we both use the same wax and you're having good luck with it. Testing Christmas Hearth now which has a good throw....

Hi Brenda!

I do the same thing too....lol - And yes Blue Spruce is very very very strong:shocked2: but I love my candles strong...You could certainly cut back on this scent if need be. Actually this is the only scent that I could say that too. I was trying to make a sugared blue spruce by combining blue spruce with sugar cookie - 50/50 but there was no detection of the sugar cookie what so ever as the blue spruce took completly over. I think I would have to do 3 parts sugar cookie and 1 part blue spruce that's if I were to use this combo. Scotch pine is another great thrower for me too. I just got in the bayberry and haven't done anything with it yet, but it sure smells nice. Do you have a good throw with that one Brenda? Of all the bayberrys I have gotten, most oob I don't like at all but this one is very nice so can't wait to make which I will do today. Christmas hearth is really beautiful. I think you'll love.

Trapp

Edited by Trappeur

Yes, your right Stella....some scents to lend themselves to certain waxes. I was just thinking about that with the C-3.

Anything woodsy just like all the pines are just plain killer for me. Apple scents do especially wonderful too. Though the apple/cinnamon from Only Fragrance didn't work at all....and I let that candle sit 10 days and really nada...I love all baking scents so much, but they are hard to work with. Now if I make melts out of them, that's another horse of a different color and they are extremely strong in a melter...just one of those things I guess.

Trappeur