Aluminum Pour Pots

jackie

I know the pour pots are not designed for direct heat like a stove but can they handle being on a griddle just to keep warm for a short period of time (like 10 mins or so)? If so any idea of a safe temp? I melt wax in Presto Pots (water bath way too slow). I'm referring to basic pour pot that most candle supply stores sell.

I have an older electric fryer that I use, especially when pouring pillars with layers. It's rectangular...and will hold 3 of the aluminum pots...keeping them warm while I am working with the layers. I pour an inch of water or so in the fryer. Maybe I make too much work for myself, but I'm pretty small time...gifts etc. But I use the double boiler method to initially melt the wax, add fo, color etc...then put them in the fryer to keep warm. Just make sure you keep some water in there. Works great for me :)

I would NOT use aluminum pour pots on any kind of direct heat. If it begins to leak, wax on an electric element is BAD NEWS.

Sorry, but I take the safest route - NO WAX on direct heat. A griddle or frypan is fine because the heat is NOT direct - nothing in contact with the pot that can ignite wax.

I have an older electric fryer that I use, especially when pouring pillars with layers. It's rectangular...and will hold 3 of the aluminum pots...keeping them warm while I am working with the layers. I pour an inch of water or so in the fryer.

Me, too, except mine is round and I use water in mine also. I have a larger warmer tray (not griddle) that I set pots on directly...

Edited by Stella1952

Might be cheaper to go to a restaurant supply place and buy a heavier duty pour pot. They have them for surprisingly reasonable prices.

I don't like burners. Certainly no gas stove with open flame. I have a hot plate with a ceramic looking solid top that does well. Sometimes I just put the pour pot in the presto and warm it up that way for cleaning.