Question on Clamshell prices

Reese

I'm sure this subject has come up before but can't seem to find it. What is everyone charging for their clamshells? This is something new that I'm going to carry in my store and wanted to get some input from those that already sell them. Thanks

I charge $4. It would be nice to sell them for less but I already feel the profit isn't what I'd like.

Suzy, something seems wrong with that. $4 per clamshell should give you a nice profit. How much does it cost you to make one clamshell? As for pricing, I sell mine for $3.00.

Suzy, something seems wrong with that. $4 per clamshell should give you a nice profit. How much does it cost you to make one clamshell? As for pricing, I sell mine for $3.00.

That got me curious, so I rechecked my supply prices and my price to make clamshells has gone up $0.08 since I last checked it in April, but it's still $1.11 per clamshell, so I would be thrilled to sell for $4.00. No way the market in this area would allow it, though, so I sell for $3.00 and think that's a pretty good profit.

Not very many Jack. Depending on the wax and the clamshell size itself and how full you fill them, you can get up to 3 oz in the 1524 clamshells. Clamshells are huge here alot of that b/c of the big company that sells them. So many people know what they are now and think they're something new. However being someone who can actually talk about their product and being able to sell them at a lower price then said company many of us little people sell the crap outta them.

I usually get a little over 3 ounces of my soy blend in the 1524 clamshells. I sell mine for $3.50 on Etsy and make the standard profit margin after fees. I actually have a couple customers who started buying my melts to use in their Scentsy warmers and they say they work great. But of course Scentsy says only their melts will work in their warmers, lol! Definately have to thank the "Big S" for their promotion of melts. Their customers are quickly realizing that their melts are overpriced and our handmade ones work just as well or better!

I can't answer that as I've not gotten them from Lonestar. Many of the companies that sell them carry the 1524 size. I do know the ones Millcreek carries are bigger. You can check the dimensions on each suppliers site to figure it out. I think the average size is the 1524. I stopped getting them from the candle supply companies and have started getting them eclamshells or panic plastics. You have to order a case (875) but it's well worth buying in bulk for me anyway as they come out to be about $.17 after shipping as opposed to the suppliers many of us use. I go through them way too fast as these melts are a huge seller.

Totally agree Wessex, I've had many of their customers come to the light. I actually just had a lady inquire about doing some for a fundraiser and she said quote "we did one with "S" and they stunk and were horrible that she threw them away". I have many customers that use their warmers and have no problems with my melts working in their warmers, contrary to what "S" claims. Oh well more money in our pockets...lol