Gel candles with Penreco's High density versagel

Kawboy888

I especially like the one with the little umbrella stuck inside; looks so real and inviting. Don't know if the little bubbles are just the way the gel sets or if Rich somehow made it look that way, but it sure adds to it! How old are the candles? Do they deteriorate after a while? TIA

The picture quality sucks. In the umbrella candle they aren't actually bubble. I pour the scented and dyed gel into a Tupperware container that rip apart little chunks. This leaves rigid edges that are clear and makes the gel look like ice chips when put into the candle. Then pour more hot gel into the candle to fill in the void space. Unfortunately adding the hot gel takes away a lot of the "ice chip" look. Some of these candles are ten years old. They don't deteriorate, they collect dust and the dye spreads through the gel into undyed gel after time.

I can more or less understand putting underwater scenes in gel candles, but what's with the dog and the tractor? Was there a market for that? I suppose maybe Farmer's Markets and that kind of thing. My ex-farmer brother would probably like it.

They've held up well if those are recent pictures.

I can more or less understand putting underwater scenes in gel candles, but what's with the dog and the tractor? Was there a market for that? I suppose maybe Farmer's Markets and that kind of thing. My ex-farmer brother would probably like it.

They've held up well if those are recent pictures.

I live in a big 4-H Club area, lots of farmers out here and John Deere lovers.